2020 ACC Title Odds

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Pretty sad state of affairs that Miami (perennial underachiever), UNC (perennial never achiever), FSU (recent dumpster fire), and UVA (back to life, back to reality post-Perkins) are the top contenders after Clemson.

JRjr

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
How are we +25000 to win the ACC with Duke at +8000, but to win the Coastal we’re +2500 and Duke is +3000?

Doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense to me.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
How are we +25000 to win the ACC with Duke at +8000, but to win the Coastal we’re +2500 and Duke is +3000?

Doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense to me.
The implication is that the odds makers feel Duke is a better matchup vs. Clemson than GT.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Miami’s odds has nothing to do with oddsmakers thinking they have that good of a shot. It’s all tied into what people will bet. And believe me, there are plenty of people out there who see that number and will bet Miami, and that’s how the oddsmakers win.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
The implication is that the odds makers feel Duke is a better matchup vs. Clemson than GT.
Or, to be more precise, that the oddsmakers think that the betting public thinks Duke has a better shot at beating Clemson than GT would.

Still surprises me that folks use Vegas odds as a proxy for statistical likelihood - especially this far in advance.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
I’m not saying I expect us to completely right the ship, but it doesn’t seem any media forecasting our 2020 squad has bothered to check our transfer list. Our OL was the worst in P5 last year. But now we go from having maybe the worst LT in P5 to a possible draft pick there, a walk-on center to a Senior with 18 career starts, have two highly-recruited SEC transfers at OG (DeFoor returning) + the frosh class.

In other words we replace 3 OL guys that might not have started for any other P5 team with 3 legit P5 starters and add depth. But doesn’t seem like anybody outside of us is even aware of this.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I’m not saying I expect us to completely right the ship, but it doesn’t seem any media forecasting our 2020 squad has bothered to check our transfer list. Our OL was the worst in P5 last year. But now we go from having maybe the worst LT in P5 to a possible draft pick there, a walk-on center to a Senior with 18 career starts, have two highly-recruited SEC transfers at OG (DeFoor returning) + the frosh class.

In other words we replace 3 OL guys that might not have started for any other P5 team with 3 legit P5 starters and add depth. But doesn’t seem like anybody outside of us is even aware of this.

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
We should be better at every position this year than last. Does that mean we will be good? Probably not. But we should be demonstrably better.

The Champ

Dodd-Like

I don’t really think Cooper and Johnson are going to move the needle as far as OL perception. Both have played a lot, but for bad teams/OL. Cooper struggled on the field and with injuries, Johnson was unseated as a starter for a bad UT team. I get that we will be better in those spots, but how much better idk.

Cochran is a nice piece, but pretty much every other position group on the team outside of RB and DB are huge question marks. We were really bad last year.