2020 Recruiting

GoGATech

Big Dummy
This recruiting class is going to be crazy good. Both of these kids are considered top 30 at their position in the country. Still have some other commits to flip publicly.
Ze'Vian Capers has been really pro GT on twitter again lately. He may be another that is close to flipping, or either has silently. I still found it weird that he committed to Arkansas anyway at the time because he seemed to be very pro GT at that time too.

beerbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Ze'Vian Capers has been really pro GT on twitter again lately. He may be another that is close to flipping, or either has silently. I still found it weird that he committed to Arkansas anyway at the time because he seemed to be very pro GT at that time too.
IN HIS OWN WORDS

"Arkansas won out because they have been loyal and honest with my family and I since day one," said Capers. "Coach Stepp and I FaceTime and text each other every day, we have more than just a player—coach relationship — it’s more like a family.

"I knew that Arkansas was the right school because even though they didn’t have the best season, coach Chad Morris and coaching staff treat their players like it’s their own son.

"I believe it’s the right time for me because my family and I feel comfortable and trust that the coaching staff will develop me not as a player, but as a man.

"I’ve only visited Arkansas once and that was when they played LSU. What impressed me was how the stadium was rocking and they had only one two games. From that experience I have gotten a family vibe. Their fans genuinely care about their football players.

"I actually FaceTimed coach Stepp and coach Morris during lunch today to let them know that I was committing. When I broke the news to coach Stepp and coach Morris, they were jumping up and down. They were excited to welcome my family and I to the [Arkansas] family.

"I will still take other visits because things can always change, but as of right now I’m 100-percent committed to Arkansas."

ThomsonJacket

I don't know
How do all of you know about Thomson/Warrenton/Harlem/etc.?

I did not know there were others of us around here.

This recruiting class is going to be crazy good. Both of these kids are considered top 30 at their position in the country. Still have some other commits to flip publicly.
McDuffie county here.

A lot of hunting area in this area

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
How do all of you know about Thomson/Warrenton/Harlem/etc.?

I did not know there were others of us around here.

I'm just a huge Laurel and Hardy fan.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
IN HIS OWN WORDS

"Arkansas won out because they have been loyal and honest with my family and I since day one," said Capers. "Coach Stepp and I FaceTime and text each other every day, we have more than just a player—coach relationship — it’s more like a family.

"I knew that Arkansas was the right school because even though they didn’t have the best season, coach Chad Morris and coaching staff treat their players like it’s their own son.

"I believe it’s the right time for me because my family and I feel comfortable and trust that the coaching staff will develop me not as a player, but as a man.

"I’ve only visited Arkansas once and that was when they played LSU. What impressed me was how the stadium was rocking and they had only one two games. From that experience I have gotten a family vibe. Their fans genuinely care about their football players.

"I actually FaceTimed coach Stepp and coach Morris during lunch today to let them know that I was committing. When I broke the news to coach Stepp and coach Morris, they were jumping up and down. They were excited to welcome my family and I to the [Arkansas] family.

"I will still take other visits because things can always change, but as of right now I’m 100-percent committed to Arkansas."
I’m 100% committed to Arkansas.....until I’m not.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I had a friend who had spent a few months in Little Rock, Arkansas on business. He asked me if I had ever been to Arkansas when he got back. I said "no". He said "Good. Don't" and left it at that.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
I had a friend who had spent a few months in Little Rock, Arkansas on business. He asked me if I had ever been to Arkansas when he got back. I said "no". He said "Good. Don't" and left it at that.
I had a friend that spent 5 years there in the Air Force. He didn’t speak highly.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Would that have been the one on Moreland Ave back in the day?
That is the one. In the 60’s it was in an older building further South on Moreland, in a really neat building. The wait for a table on weekends was significant. Eventually there was an ownership rift and that old building became Catfish King and the folks with the Rio Vista name moved to the new place.

I believe it should be noted that we had no ‘20 commits until StingTalk started talking about fried catfish.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Sounds like it was Kendrick's. Burned down, reopened and then I think shut down for taxes.
When the Royal Vista (was it Royal or Rio? I always though Royal as a kid) burned on highway 41 in Marietta years ago (early 80's maybe?), I bet it took about 10 seconds for the place to become an inferno with all the grease in that place coating everything

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
We should have a country bumpkin hunting and fishing page on Stingtalk.

Does one of you own a civil engineering firm in Warrenton?
@ThisIsAtlanta can we get a subforum?

I don't know where Girard is, but I go to Tignall fairly often and I've got people in Gibson and Mitchell.