2020 Recruiting

GoGATech

Big Dummy
I still find it funny that this kid is selling GT like crazy to these other recruits and we haven't even offered him yet. He has lots of P5 offers on the table already though, so we'll probably offer too if/when he visits.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I still find it funny that this kid is selling GT like crazy to these other recruits and we haven't even offered him yet. He has lots of P5 offers on the table already though, so we'll probably offer too if/when he visits.
Nice to have recruits trying to get our attention. Rivals hasn't given this kid a rating yet, but heck of an offer list.

BranMart

Vegetables taste like sad.
upload_2019-2-8_16-35-58.jpeg

Thought we would surely have 2 or 3 by now for next year.

GTHooligan

Varsity Lurker
Following the Competition is King twitter that just started up this month, there's a set of targeted recruits being tagged. Looks like a lot of overlap with the previous list of near-term targets but some other names. (Not in any order)

1. Javion Cohen - 3 Star OT
2. John Young - 4 Star OT
3. Seth McLaughlin - 3 Star Center
4. Trey Zimmerman - 3 Star OT
5. Javon Baker - 4 star WR (ALABAMA Verbal Commit)
6. Javier Morton - 4 star CB (ALABAMA Verbal Commit)
7. Joshua Downs - 4 star WR
8. Miles "Juice" Friday - NR (Yet) RB
9. Malachi Moore - 4 Star CB (ALABAMA Verbal Commit)
9. Tyson Meiguez - 3 Star OLB

A few thoughts. All these guys, regardless of ranking have impressive offer lists. Makes me think their ratings may even go up from here as more evaluations happen. It will be very impressive and a sign of market success if these Alabama commits flip to GT.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
In the not-great-news department, Josh Downs just committed to UNC. I would imagine we would still pusue him, but soneone else will have to be # 1. Mack Brown is going to be a tough competitor.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Josh Downs committed to UNC today. I hate that because he had been very vocal about GT on social media and would've helped recruit the 2020 class. He has family on staff at UNC though so it's hard to steer him away from that. Here's hoping we get some commits soon and can get the ball rolling.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Josh Downs committed to UNC today. I hate that because he had been very vocal about GT on social media and would've helped recruit the 2020 class. He has family on staff at UNC though so it's hard to steer him away from that. Here's hoping we get some commits soon and can get the ball rolling.
Always seems to be family on another staff, doesn't it? Didn't that happen with one of our top basketball targets this cycle, too? I suppose we at least benefited from a family connection in Jamious' case.

BranMart

Vegetables taste like sad.
Damn. UNC already has four 4 star commits for 2020 and two 3 star.