2020 Vegas O/U odds: 3 wins

Ain't nothing compared to insurance companies, they are essentially borrowing from you at a negative rate for the entire policy term. Only way for you to "win" is die/wreck/houseburndown early.
I hope you don't buy insurance with the *goal* of a positive financial return. Insurance is supposed to be consumption not investment. What you get is the "comfort" that a loss will be ameliorated – and you get that comfort whether or not you ever file a claim.

I hope you don't buy insurance with the *goal* of a positive financial return. Insurance is supposed to be consumption not investment. What you get is the "comfort" that a loss will be ameliorated – and you get that comfort whether or not you ever file a claim.
Agree you're paying for comfort. Like playing the lottery, you're paying for imagining what you'd do if you win. Was just pointing out what a good business selling insurance is, "effective interest rate" wise...

Agree you're paying for comfort. Like playing the lottery, you're paying for imagining what you'd do if you win. Was just pointing out what a good business selling insurance is, "effective interest rate" wise...
Insurance is a very low margin business. Interest rates are s**t right now and likely for the foreseeable future.

I figure we’ll be underdogs in at least 6 games:
At muttville
Against Irish
At Hokies
At Chapel Hell
Clemson
UCF

probably will not be favored at Pitt or at Cuse (is Tully’s still open?)

I don’t get their da U love either
They finished 6-7 and stunk like a potty potty on an August afternoon in Ludowici in their bowl game

The O3 is +185. That's a big deal. They see 2 wins max.

I got O2.5 -110 pretty early on, hammered it, and I’m pretty happy about it. But Vegas always is the most informed, so that makes me nervous for what lies ahead.

If I could get 2.5 then I'd bang it hard. I understand the schedule is difficult, but 3+ is happening if we have a season. We should be much better across the lines, which was our biggest issue last year. We now have a full year of experience in a completely new system on both offense and defense. We'll have better RBs than most of the teams we play. Plus we lost almost no meaningful players, after starting mostly Freshmen and Sophomores last year.

I just noticed the "Miamli" typo, and I've looked at this a handful of times already. That's how shocking Miami's line is

Back