2021 Recruiting

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Tatum has been a flip candidate pretty much sense he committed there. He was predicted to Tech at one point. Their ‘22 QB commit is out of Rabun County and on of the top QBs in the country for thag cycle. Believe he had ties to somebody on their offensive staff.
Stockton's final 2 schools were uga and USCe. Would hate to see him end up at uga, but he made an unconventional choice once, so maybe we could get back in there.

Last edited:

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Stockton's final 2 schools were uga and USCe. Would hate to see him end up at uga, but he made an unconventional choice once, so maybe we could get back in there.
Three elite dual threat QBs out of GA in ‘22. They can’t take them all.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
Collins has been playing nice so far with inherited players. With fans putting the pressure on him regarding the rebuild I can only imagine this off season we’ll see a different side of Collins (not publicly but thru actions) and we’ll be seeing a lot of guys no longer on the team and guys like this one coming on board. Between the 25 limit and transfers coming in, Collins can flip the roster a lot faster if he just does it and doesn’t become distracted by the naysayers.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Collins has been playing nice so far with inherited players. With fans putting the pressure on him regarding the rebuild I can only imagine this off season we’ll see a different side of Collins (not publicly but thru actions) and we’ll be seeing a lot of guys no longer on the team and guys like this one coming on board. Between the 25 limit and transfers coming in, Collins can flip the roster a lot faster if he just does it and doesn’t become distracted by the naysayers.
You know what else flips the roster?

Time.

I don’t see this coaching staff feeling the pressure. This is a process. I’ve seen progress between Year 1 and Year 2 with the undersized players you’re talking about. But the real progress will occur once our recruits have been in the system in years 2 or 3. It speaks volumes that our best players on offense are 3 true freshmen.

IM79

Flats Noob
Tatum has been a flip candidate pretty much sense he committed there. Believe he had ties to somebody on their offensive staff.
Bobo and Shaw were his recruiters. We'll see if they are retained by the new coach.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
@GoGATech been pretty quiet around here. Got any secrets?
LOL no secrets. I don't have any more inside info than several other folks here. It's pretty widely known that we've been recruiting Trenilyas Tatum pretty hard, even after he committed to USCe. I think we have always been in a good spot in case he decided to flip. Now that Muschamp is out, I'm sure there will be more suitors going after him and the rest of their top recruits. So we'll likely have more competition for him now if he decides to back out of that USC commitment, but I still think we have a decent shot.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
LOL no secrets. I don't have any more inside info than several other folks here. It's pretty widely known that we've been recruiting Trenilyas Tatum pretty hard, even after he committed to USCe. I think we have always been in a good spot in case he decided to flip. Now that Muschamp is out, I'm sure there will be more suitors going after him and the rest of their top recruits. So we'll likely have more competition for him now if he decides to back out of that USC commitment, but I still think we have a decent shot.
Wiltfong and Ole Miss insider with CBs for Ole Miss today.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Wiltfong and Ole Miss insider with CBs for Ole Miss today.
Yeah that's one of the "other suitors" I've been worried about with him. I don't believe he's ever been on campus at Ole Miss and has been to GT numerous times. We'll see if that plays a factor.

Old-Fashioned UGA Hater

Varsity Lurker
The type of player Collins and others said would be easy to get at GT.
When did he say that? Also in your opinion do you think Collins has been doing a good job by evaluating his first class? I read an interesting stat the other day. Out of the top 40 ranked recruits Tech has landed out of high school all-time, (since the beginning of recruiting rankings), the 2020 class has 7 of them. I'd say that's pretty telling.