2021 Recruiting

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
That was like the play in the Blindside movie where I thought, "That never happens". I guess it does.

and 6'5" 220 sounds about like another WR that did OK here
Please don't get carried away. LB has tremendous potential and an exciting prospect, but he's different.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Amazing the Stinger seats are still installed

LongforDodd

Dodd-Like
That was like the play in the Blindside movie where I thought, "That never happens". I guess it does.

and 6'5" 220 sounds about like another WR that did OK here
Gotta give that DB credit for being able to "backpedal" for 35 yards.

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Please don't get carried away. LB has tremendous potential and an exciting prospect, but he's different.
I wasn't getting carried away, just pointing out his size isn't some tremendous outlier for WRs forcing them to be TEs.

OK, maybe I was getting a little carried away, sue me!

Walton

Damn Good Rat
I love how some have moved the bar. FWIW, that is positive reflection of the job Collins is doing.

Even on paper, this would be at or near the top of Johnson classes. Given the class size, COVID stuff and a few other things, it is likely going to be a good class and in the top 5 of the last 20 years. Not too shabby.

I do think next season is an important one for the program on and off the field. Need to finally show success on the field and keep momentum on recruiting.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
I love how some have moved the bar. FWIW, that is positive reflection of the job Collins is doing.

Even on paper, this would be at or near the top of Johnson classes. Given the class size, COVID stuff and a few other things, it is likely going to be a good class and in the top 5 of the last 20 years. Not too shabby.

I do think next season is an important one for the program on and off the field. Need to finally show success on the field and keep momentum on recruiting.
The bar was moved because the offense was changed. We need to recruit better with the new offense to have similar results as the old offense. That’s common sense and not an indictment on either coach.

And we are recruiting better. Jury still out whether the delta is enough to produce the same/more wins. We ought to be able to see the vision this year though. 2022 class has a chance to be a turning point of the program. Gonna be tough to bring that together if we post another 3-4 win season though.

fakelegzz

Helluva Engineer
The bar was moved because the offense was changed. We need to recruit better with the new offense to have similar results as the old offense. That’s common sense and not an indictment on either coach.

And we are recruiting better. Jury still out whether the delta is enough to produce the same/more wins. We ought to be able to see the vision this year.
Agreed. The previous offense gave us a competitive advantage with inferior talent, the current one does not. In order to compete we either need superior player, superior coaching or a combo of both.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Myth.

The numbers demonstrate that the old offense could defeat teams with better talent, if and only if their coach was not used to the old offense. With familiarity bred defeat. So no pathway to winning records in conference.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Myth.

The numbers demonstrate that the old offense could defeat teams with better talent, if and only if their coach was not used to the old offense. With familiarity bred defeat. So no pathway to winning records in conference.
Im not gonna get sucked into a thread-derailing circle jerk with this nonsense. Keep it to recruiting in here.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Myth.

The numbers also demonstrate a drastic decrease in line play after 2016 and frankly 2014. But I digress.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like

And we are recruiting better. Jury still out whether the delta is enough to produce the same/more wins. We ought to be able to see the vision this year though. 2022 class has a chance to be a turning point of the program. Gonna be tough to bring that together if we post another 3-4 win season though.
Somewhat agree, but typically 2/3 or so of the class is committed before the season gets rolling. Obviously nothing's official until the LOI, and it could factor into our chances with some of the top guys who wait until winter, but I think whether we're able to land a few prized recruits this spring will play a much bigger role in how the class turns out than our 2021 record.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Single bee. Transfers don't get bees and a 2022 commit would be two bees. Makes sense. Ok, start the 2023 recruiting thread, ya'll.