2021 Schedule

GT18YJjr.

Dodd-Like

GT18YJjr.

Dodd-Like
This is a 5+ win schedule. Should have a better team and have a very favorable schedule.

GTROY

Damn Good Rat
I agree it's more favorable than last year, but having three "top five-ish" teams on our schedule is rough. We really need to start winning most games against the ACC's middle tier consistently: Pitt, BC, VT, UVA, et. al.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Need to make some hay in that Pitt through VT stretch if we want a bowl game. Cannot afford to take a week off there.

Also, I like getting Clemmons early following the departure of the golden boy... Although I do believe their overall talent level is simply too much for us to keep it tight for four quarters regardless.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Transcribed to text for easier reading (the contrast between that white and gold is not great):

9/4 Northern Illinois
9/11 Kennesaw State
9/18 @ Clemson
9/25 UNC
10/2 Pitt
10/9 @ Duke
10/16 Bye
10/23 @ UVA
10/30 VPI
11/6 @ Miami
11/13 Boston College
11/20 @ Notre Dame
11/27 U[sic]GA

Unless something changes, all Saturday games. Bye comes right in the middle of the season, and thankfully between two road games. Homecoming seems like it would be VPI (or maybe Pitt?). Not a bad schedule other than playing a real team on the road the week before U[sic]GA.

JRjr

gtrower

Dodd-Like
I agree it's more favorable than last year, but having three "top five-ish" teams on our schedule is rough. We really need to start winning most games against the ACC's middle tier consistently: Pitt, BC, VT, UVA, et. al.
True, those three will be tough. But I’m not convinced Miami and UNC should be lumped in with those three as some seem to be.

Miami is more of a Top 15-ish team and if King isn’t 100% by fall they’re not even a Top-25ish team.

UNC has a wide range of possibilities. They have the firepower to play with just about everybody. But the coaching to lose to a non-bowl team.

LumberJacket

Varsity Lurker
Wins weeks 1 and 2
Loses weeks 3 and 4
Wins weeks 5 and 6
Split weeks 7 and 8
Split weeks 9 and 10
Loses weeks 11 and 12
Crucial to get to 6 wins before the last two weeks of the season if we want to go to a bowl.

GT18YJjr.

Dodd-Like
If the AA is smart, which is a big ask, they’ll make the uncheat game at the Benz.

GTROY

Damn Good Rat
True, those three will be tough. But I’m not convinced Miami and UNC should be lumped in with those three as some seem to be.

Miami is more of a Top 15-ish team and if King isn’t 100% by fall they’re not even a Top-25ish team.

UNC has a wide range of possibilities. They have the firepower to play with just about everybody. But the coaching to lose to a non-bowl team.
Totally agree. They are kind of in that second tier where an upset wouldn't be monumental.

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
Agree. We should be fighting Miami, FSU, and UNC for Number 2 behind Clemson.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
First time in a long long time that I look at the GT schedule without saying, "we got screwed." I guess the little girl is really gone after all.