2021 Schedule

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
The Pitt, Duke, Virginia, Virginia Tech stretch is the season. September should be 2-2, but November is probably 1-3 at best.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
The Pitt, Duke, Virginia, Virginia Tech stretch is the season. September should be 2-2, but November is probably 1-3 at best.
Nov is 3-1 at best (pipe dream) but 2-2 is attainable. Without King we’re honestly already as good as Miami. He did wonders to mask what’s been an OL on par with us and FSU.

Think we’ll have some payback for BC as well.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Nov is 3-1 at best (pipe dream) but 2-2 is attainable. Without King we’re honestly already as good as Miami. He did wonders to mask what’s been an OL on par with us and FSU.

Think we’ll have some payback for BC as well.
Unless something has changed in the last couple days and I missed it, D’Eriq King has announced that he is coming back to Miami for 2021.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Unless something has changed in the last couple days and I missed it, D’Eriq King has announced that he is coming back to Miami for 2021.
He tore his ACL in their bowl game. So depends on his recovery.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
He tore his ACL in their bowl game. So depends on his recovery.
I once had ACL surgery in late February and was back in time for August football, so I’m willing to bet King will be fine with all the care they’ll give him and the advancements of the last 20 years.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
I once had ACL surgery in late February and was back in time for August football, so I’m willing to bet King will be fine with all the care they’ll give him and the advancements of the last 20 years.
Possible for sure. Normal 8 months for ACL recovery would put him back right around the start of the season. But I’d also be willing to bet you weren’t a Dual Threat QB who’s value to his team rested entirely on being able to juke the pass rush blowing through your OL.

Football usually isn’t kind to running QBs with a history of knee injuries.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Possible for sure. Normal 8 months for ACL recovery would put him back right around the start of the season. But I’d also be willing to bet you weren’t a Dual Threat QB who’s value to his team rested entirely on being able to juke the pass rush blowing through your OL.

Football usually isn’t kind to running QBs with a history of knee injuries.
Well I was dual threat, but the threats were block the wrong guy or block the right guy badly.

Big Bubba Ray

Dodd-Like
KSU gonna bring updated 3 O back to Bobby Dodd. Will be interesting to see if this will be repeat of Citadel game.

thracer

Varsity Lurker
How long has it been since we didn’t have a Thursday night game? That blows.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
First time in a long long time that I look at the GT schedule without saying, "we got screwed." I guess the little girl is really gone after all.
I do note that of the five ACC teams that play ND, four of them have no opponent the week before the game. And then there is us.

Ordinarily, I would shrug and say they could not manage it for us, and I don't mind our bye when we got it, but the ACC office has such a blatant history of anti-GT scheduling I am not sure they deserve any benefit of the doubt. But on balance I am glad so much of the conference has extra preparation time for the evil out of South Bend. A team I do not think will be nearly as good next year.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Not all ACL tears are the same. Not all surgeons are the same. Not all recoveries are the same. Sometimes things happen in surgery, sometimes the knee is not fixed as well as the surgeon would like. There are no guarantees. Sure, advances in care and surgical techniques/instruments have increased chances of better outcomes. But like I said, there are no guarantees.

GTROY

Damn Good Rat
How long has it been since we didn’t have a Thursday night game? That blows.
2014 according to one article I read. Feels like even longer. I always enjoy having on Thursday home game per year.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
I do note that of the five ACC teams that play ND, four of them have no opponent the week before the game. And then there is us.

Ordinarily, I would shrug and say they could not manage it for us, and I don't mind our bye when we got it, but the ACC office has such a blatant history of anti-GT scheduling I am not sure they deserve any benefit of the doubt. But on balance I am glad so much of the conference has extra preparation time for the evil out of South Bend. A team I do not think will be nearly as good next year.
Is Notre Dame a conference participant again in 2021?

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Is Notre Dame a conference participant again in 2021?
My assumption is no unless things end up getting weird like they did last year, but I haven’t actually seen it discussed anywhere.

Edit: here’s an official “no.”

JRjr