2021 Spring Game Friday 4/23

theDude47

Dodd-Like
Saw the email where they are allowing attendance and will be giving out tickets first-come-first-serve. They said they'll give at least equal amount of free tickets to what you have purchased for season tickets, but they didn't specify if they would open it up for more tickets you can purchase. Am I reading that right? I want to bring all 6 of us there for the game but I only have 2 season tickets.

theDude47

Dodd-Like
So, I called the ticket office and they are only giving out tickets to those that have season tickets and only the amount equal to the season tickets you have purchased. Ex. I can get 2 tickets because I bought 2 season tickets. He said that he doesn't expect we'll be able to purchase more tickets.

That is some bullshit and there is no reason they couldn't just sell some more and spread us out. There ain't going to be 20,000+ showing up so this all just seems like a dick move. I want to bring my kids and get them to experience Tech football and it looks like I'm not going to be able to unless someone else is willing to part with some of their tickets.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
So, I called the ticket office and they are only giving out tickets to those that have season tickets and only the amount equal to the season tickets you have purchased. Ex. I can get 2 tickets because I bought 2 season tickets. He said that he doesn't expect we'll be able to purchase more tickets.

That is some bullshit and there is no reason they couldn't just sell some more and spread us out. There ain't going to be 20,000+ showing up so this all just seems like a dick move. I want to bring my kids and get them to experience Tech football and it looks like I'm not going to be able to unless someone else is willing to part with some of their tickets.
ive been trumpeting the horn on this since renewals became available. don't let them bullshit you. they will require you to renew for 2021 in full for your regular seats but when the rubber hits the road in August they are going to do whatever the hell they want, kick us to curb, distancing, masks, no tailgating etc. based on whatever the City of Atlanta and/or their insurance or attorneys tell them. i'm not renewing and ive had tickets since 1998. i will renew when i can be sure we are back to pre-pandemic football. if that ever happens.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Is there anyway you could transfer your “spring ticket” to a non season ticket holder?

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
ive been trumpeting the horn on this since renewals became available. don't let them bullshit you. they will require you to renew for 2021 in full for your regular seats but when the rubber hits the road in August they are going to do whatever the hell they want, kick us to curb, distancing, masks, no tailgating etc. based on whatever the City of Atlanta and/or their insurance or attorneys tell them. i'm not renewing and ive had tickets since 1998. i will renew when i can be sure we are back to pre-pandemic football. if that ever happens.
Are they requiring hard deadlines to renew? Have you messaged the AD? Or assistant ADs?

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Pressure you to renew now; then sell 3-game packs of the seats right next to you for $99 later in the year

GTJACKET

Varsity Lurker

Yes, this is BS. Was going to bring my kids as well. Whatever, not even going to watch now. It’s more about the experience with the kids for me. Y’all let me know how it goes.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
If anyone wants to go but isn't a season ticket holder, pm me and I'll see what I can do.

I can't go but no reason for my seat to go cold.

GoGATech

Big Dummy

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Yes, this is BS. Was going to bring my kids as well. Whatever, not even going to watch now. It’s more about the experience with the kids for me. Y’all let me know how it goes.
All Saturday practices are open to the public. You could take them to one of those. They do scrimmages most Saturdays.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
Are they going to be doing mask inspections? My kids wear gaiters every day to school - assume those wont be allowed...
Judging by these guidelines (pretty close to the same guidelines used by Disney), gaiters will not be allowed because they are not secured below the chin. How strict they are on that rule is the bigger question:

Approved face coverings must 1) be made with at least two layers of breathable material, 2) fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin, 3) fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face and 4) be secured to allow the guest to not have to keep the covering in place with his/her hands. Based on guidance from health officials, open-chin triangle bandanas and/or face coverings containing valves, mesh material and or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
Are they requiring hard deadlines to renew? Have you messaged the AD? Or assistant ADs?
they are requiring renewal by May 5th i believe. if you don't renew then you lose rights to your seats for 22'. so you can't sit out like last year and retain seats. though i did buy 2020 tix. i've talked to ticket rep several times but have not gone up the chain.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
they are requiring renewal by May 5th i believe. if you don't renew then you lose rights to your seats for 22'. so you can't sit out like last year and retain seats. though i did buy 2020 tix. i've talked to ticket rep several times but have not gone up the chain.
My advice is to go up the chain. My dad canceled season tickets in 2019 an the associate ADs were trying desperately to get him to renew, offering perks and what not.

I think with enough pressure you could get the 22 rights if you eventually buy.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Judging by these guidelines (pretty close to the same guidelines used by Disney), gaiters will not be allowed because they are not secured below the chin. How strict they are on that rule is the bigger question:
It's the same policy as last year, and they allowed gaiters last year. I don't think they're going to be checking for double layers or that it fits snugly on your chin as long as you have something on.

Scroll to page 10:

Skydog

Eat a Peach
My advice is to go up the chain. My dad canceled season tickets in 2019 an the associate ADs were trying desperately to get him to renew, offering perks and what not.

I think with enough pressure you could get the 22 rights if you eventually buy.
better yet dont renew by deadline and let them call me. cause you know they will. that way they know I'm not bluffing. which I'm not.

i voiced my opinion very strongly in the survey they sent out. few weeks later talked to tix rep. told her how i felt and that I had said as much in survey. her response "oh I read your survey". and then said nothing else.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
better yet dont renew by deadline and let them call me. cause you know they will. that way they know I'm not bluffing. which I'm not.

i voiced my opinion very strongly in the survey they sent out. few weeks later talked to tix rep. told her how i felt and that I had said as much in survey. her response "oh I read your survey". and then said nothing else.
They are trying to nudge people in a specific direction but the truth is we cannot afford to lose season ticket holders at all. This season is so crucial that I’m not sure I can handle it lol

GT76

Damn Good Rat

I won’t be able to make the game but I have three season tickets and have ordered tickets for the game. The email says “ Tickets will be emailed out the week of April 19 along with instructions on how to forward tickets to guests”, so my tickets will be available for some needy Stingtalker.