2021 Spring Game Friday 4/23

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
This is the same mask policy they had last year. Whatever mask you wore last year and most any kind will be fine. Except something like an open bottom bandanna.
What about this?
D284118A-1E79-4CEB-97FA-671B1FDF9462.jpeg

yellowbritchies

Flats Noob
ive been trumpeting the horn on this since renewals became available. don't let them bullshit you. they will require you to renew for 2021 in full for your regular seats but when the rubber hits the road in August they are going to do whatever the hell they want, kick us to curb, distancing, masks, no tailgating etc. based on whatever the City of Atlanta and/or their insurance or attorneys tell them. i'm not renewing and ive had tickets since 1998. i will renew when i can be sure we are back to pre-pandemic football. if that ever happens.
OK, so we get it, you aregoing to do it you're way or no way. Just deal with it for crying out loud!

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
I think it will start being come at your own risk. Folks can’t just keep burning money by not allowing people to come.
This. They’ll have you sign a I won’t sue you if I die waiver like the Braves are doing whenever you buy a ticket.

SMoney

Dodd-Like
I won’t be able to make the game but I have three season tickets and have ordered tickets for the game. The email says “ Tickets will be emailed out the week of April 19 along with instructions on how to forward tickets to guests”, so my tickets will be available for some needy Stingtalker.
Where was the link to order? Apparently I missed that...

theDude47

Dodd-Like
This seems like a bad idea. We should be inviting everyone and anyone to the game. I don't think excess fans have been a spring game problem. We need more fans, not less, in the seats.
The more I keep thinking about it, the more pissed off I get. There’s no earthly reason for them to handle it this badly. We’re not Bama or Ohio State. We don’t have to worry about 100% capacity happening for a Tech spring game. Even if they made it free and completely open to the public without any limits whatsoever, we’d get a max well under 20k.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
If you want people to renew their season tickets, and maybe recruit some more buyers, its not a bad strategy to reward that with some privilege. The spring game will be televised on ACCN and tickets can be given away to non-season ticket holders. I'm not sure why people are insulted that they can't go to the spring game for free when they don't even buy tickets for the regular season, unless they are AT donors without the ticket purchase. In that case, I suspect the AA would probably help them get into the game.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
The more I keep thinking about it, the more pissed off I get. There’s no earthly reason for them to handle it this badly. We’re not Bama or Ohio State. We don’t have to worry about 100% capacity happening for a Tech spring game. Even if they made it free and completely open to the public without any limits whatsoever, we’d get a max well under 20k.
you know the hard renewal deadline is coming up . may 5th i think. as stated before i've not renewed yet. i wish they would do like @Akinji07 said and have us a sign a waiver and drop the protocols. that would make so much sense. but given it's City of Atlanta i think we are going to be on the far end of the protocol dropping.

theDude47

Dodd-Like
If you want people to renew their season tickets, and maybe recruit some more buyers, its not a bad strategy to reward that with some privilege. The spring game will be televised on ACCN and tickets can be given away to non-season ticket holders. I'm not sure why people are insulted that they can't go to the spring game for free when they don't even buy tickets for the regular season, unless they are AT donors without the ticket purchase. In that case, I suspect the AA would probably help them get into the game.
Well, I am a season ticket holder. I want to bring my whole family. Little ones and all. I’d gladly purchase more tickets so that they could come. This system they are putting in place is going to make that difficult though. Demand is not going to be that high. But since they only allow season ticket holders to get the same number of tickets that they have season tickets, I now have to rely on a kind season ticket holder to show interest, decide to not go, and then agree to send them to me. It’s overly complicated for such a simple, relatively small event. We should just be able to bring cash to the counter or gate, get screened, and sit where we may. It’s going to be a giant empty stadium.

techman98

Flats Noob
I've been in planes, trains, and automobiles with tons of people over the last few months. I am living through cancer. I don't understand this fascination with keeping everyone safe from everything. I want to live my life doing the things that bring me joy until my time here ends. Others who feel similarly will attend events, and others who don't will stay home. Everyone in GA has access to a vaccine, and for those who don't want it, stay home. For the rest of us, we should be able to enjoy GT football as we always have. It is your choice to get a vaccine, and if you don't think that is enough protection, don't go out. Similarly, if you don't think a condom is enough protection (it's not 100% either), don't have sex...

I haven't bought season tickets this year because I have no confidence that it is going to be the experience that I want (i.e., no masks, full house, etc.). I was totally psyched to go to the spring game, and now can't do that. Seems like a bone headed decision in my opinion because I have been to plenty of spring games, and crowding is never an issue.

Last edited:

Skydog

Eat a Peach
just got an email reminder to renew my tix so i can get spring game tickets. ..