2021 Spring Game Friday 4/23

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Adidas must make clown shoes. That's the only explanation I have for you guys that think the 2019 UGA was nearly tied at half time or that the biggest issue we had was roster depth.
When did I say that? Quote me or STFU. We were getting our ass kicked up and down the damn field before Collins showed up. For some damn reason, you accept the prior ass beatings because we ran ööööing clock. If CPJ were still here, we would have gotten dominated in 2019. If CPJ were still here, we would get physically dominated AGAIN this year. Players like Sims and Gibbs give us a shot. A better shot. Our bigger OL gives us a bigger shot. Our players were getting bodyslammed by UGA players and you were happy for it because we could chew clock under CPJ.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
When did I say that? Quote me or STFU. We were getting our ass kicked up and down the damn field before Collins showed up. For some damn reason, you accept the prior ass beatings because we ran ööööing clock. If CPJ were still here, we would have gotten dominated in 2019. If CPJ were still here, we would get physically dominated AGAIN this year. Players like Sims and Gibbs give us a shot. A better shot. Our bigger OL gives us a bigger shot. Our players were getting bodyslammed by UGA players and you were happy for it because we could chew clock under CPJ.
Oh wait, aren't the you the anti-CPJ clown that thinks Gailey would have beat UGA in 2008 & 2009? I wouldn't start crowing about our win this year until after it happens.

JJacket

Oh wait, aren't the you the anti-CPJ clown that thinks Gailey would have beat UGA in 2008 & 2009? I wouldn't start crowing about our win this year until after it happens.
Yes, I still say we would have beaten UGAg in 2008 and 2009. We had much more talent on the team in the first two years of CPJ than any team he had afterward. The last few years, were the physically weakest, least talented, teams at GT since the 1970's. We were literally having our players body slammed multiple times a game.
We likely would have moved to Sean Renfree at QB and I see no reason why our defensive recruiting wouldn't have stayed strong.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Yes, I still say we would have beaten UGAg in 2008 and 2009. We had much more talent on the team in the first two years of CPJ than any team he had afterward. The last few years, were the physically weakest, least talented, teams at GT since the 1970's. We were literally having our players body slammed multiple times a game.
We likely would have moved to Sean Renfree at QB and I see no reason why our defensive recruiting wouldn't have stayed strong.
You know even less about football than you do about women. Debating you is of little value. If you think Georgia Tech missed out on greatness by getting rid of Chan that's all anyone really needs to know.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Sure, we had talent, but the coaching and play calling was seriously lacking under Gailey.

JJacket

You know even less about football than you do about women. Debating you is of little value. If you think Georgia Tech missed out on greatness by getting rid of Chan that's all anyone really needs to know.
And yet, here you are, debating me. Dumbass

JJacket

Sure, we had talent, but the coaching and play calling was seriously lacking under Gailey.
And he was given 5 years AND was hampered by flunkgate immediately. Folks seem to forget GOL had a pretty mediocre season before leaving and served is up with flunkgate. Without Gailey, CPJ does not have Demaryius Thomas or Jon Dwyer or Josh Nesbitt or any of the defenders Johnson was handed.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
And he was given 5 years AND was hampered by flunkgate immediately. Folks seem to forget GOL had a pretty mediocre season before leaving and served is up with flunkgate. Without Gailey, CPJ does not have Demaryius Thomas or Jon Dwyer or Josh Nesbitt or any of the defenders Johnson was handed.
Now we all know what happened to the FOC'ers, they became the anti-PJ/anti-TO crowd. It hard to believe someone could be a FOC'er for life; but there it is. What I don't understand is the affinity for coaches that can't beat UGA, I recognize it, I just don't understand it. It will be interesting to see if the FOC'ers turn on CGC when he beats UGA.

JJacket

Now we all know what happened to the FOC'ers, they became the anti-PJ/anti-TO crowd. It hard to believe someone could be a FOC'er for life; but there it is. What I don't understand is the affinity for coaches that can't beat UGA, I recognize it, I just don't understand it. It will be interesting to see if the FOC'ers turn on CGC when he beats UGA.
If you can't recognize that the only bright point after Chan's crew left was when we managed to rassle Justin Thomas away from Nana, then you are kidding yourself. I have been a season ticket holder for decades. We got to the point where Duke was tossing our 275 lb OL around like rag dolls. I actually saw a UNC OL turn his head while blocking to see if his QB was still back there with the ball. We were weak. Pathetic.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
You completely missed the point.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
If you can't recognize that the only bright point after Chan's crew left was when we managed to rassle Justin Thomas away from Nana, then you are kidding yourself. I have been a season ticket holder for decades. We got to the point where Duke was tossing our 275 lb OL around like rag dolls. I actually saw a UNC OL turn his head while blocking to see if his QB was still back there with the ball. We were weak. Pathetic.
FOC'er for life. :loser: Chan is not coming back.

H-town

Helluva Engineer
Our players getting suplexed isn't either
I remember that game. Our 5’8” running back got pile drived at around midfield by the UGA linebacker. There were years when that would have started a fight. When Tech players would have ripped off the helmet of the LB and put a fist in his mouth. Not one peep of reaction from anyone that year.

JJacket

I remember that game. Our 5’8” running back got pile drived at around midfield by the UGA linebacker. There were years when that would have started a fight. When Tech players would have ripped off the helmet of the LB and put a fist in his mouth. Not one peep of reaction from anyone that year.
It pissed me off. The play was pretty much over. Our players stood there and watched a body slam and then the ensuing UGAg player celebration about it

GahseyFan

Varsity Lurker
impressive number of "proGRAM" invocations during the post-scrimmage presser. His focus on how all the pieces fit together makes me think we will steal a W from one of UGA/Clemson/ND this year.