2021 stats so far after 2 games

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
Well, here we go before what may be a tough stat wise game coming up.

The goods:

Yates QBR is 65 putting him 6th in conference and 49th in nation
7-8 in red zone scores, red zone TDs 6-8. I’d say this is a dramatic turnaround.
15-29 (52%) in 3rd down conversions. Another major upgrade.
We’re scoring 33 pts/ game, think that’s a 50% increase.
Gibbs is #6 in ACC in rushing yds
Eley is #1 in ACC in tackles with 21, #16 in nation
McGowan is #3 in ACC in scoring with 18, tied with what I’m sure is a very long list nationally at #49
Charlie Thomas has 2 INTs, good for tied for #1 in ACC and 3rd nationally with about 20 other guys

Others of note:

Dontae Smith has the 3rd highest ypc in the nation at 10.8, but not enough carries to qualify. Looks like you need 15 & he has 9.

The bads:

1-4 on FGs
Gibbs has no TDs????
Rey has a negative avg in PR. I didn’t see him back there yesterday

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
Well, here we go before what may be a tough stat wise game coming up.

The goods:

Yates QBR is 65 putting him 6th in conference and 49th in nation
7-8 in red zone scores, red zone TDs 6-8. I’d say this is a dramatic turnaround.
15-29 (52%) in 3rd down conversions. Another major upgrade.
We’re scoring 33 pts/ game, think that’s a 50% increase.
Gibbs is #6 in ACC in rushing yds
Eley is #1 in ACC in tackles with 21, #16 in nation
McGowan is #3 in ACC in scoring with 18, tied with what I’m sure is a very long list nationally at #49
Charlie Thomas has 2 INTs, good for tied for #1 in ACC and 3rd nationally with about 20 other guys

Others of note:

Dontae Smith has the 3rd highest ypc in the nation at 10.8, but not enough carries to qualify. Looks like you need 15 & he has 9.

The bads:

1-4 on FGs
Gibbs has no TDs????
Rey has a negative avg in PR. I didn’t see him back there yesterday
Seems that Rey maybe was put in the 1st game just to impress his lil' bro who we are trying to get to commit. Wouldn't put it past Collins.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Seems that Rey maybe was put in the 1st game just to impress his lil' bro who we are trying to get to commit. Wouldn't put it past Collins.
He won’t be here if he does commit ….dumb argument

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Or he dropped a punt in the first game

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
Too lazy to do the statistical analysis, but I feel like we're calling way more inside zone than last year as compared to outside zone.

JJacket

The Bad:
These stats are against NIU and KSU
The good. We seem to have plays this season that we didn't have last season. The TD passes to McGowan were both well designed plays that were executed almost perfectly by the offense.

I also liked the misdirection on the Mason TD with the OL selling out a run to the right while sneaking Mason out uncovered.

We were real close to converting a TD to Peje.

Was nice to see the TE get a catch.

I did like the 5 wide look we gave at least once with Gibbs in the slot.

I would guess we have not seen the entire playbook. Clemson is a formidable opponent, but we do have more tools in the toolbox this season so we might be able to throw the kitchen sink at them.

JJacket

He was there. Fair catch no returns.
I don't think he played, at least returning punts, since he dropped one against NIU. We had McGowan back.

Nothing against Rey, but McGowan needs as many opportunities as possible. He is a damn baller.

wishbone

Dodd-Like
I don't think he played, at least returning punts, since he dropped one against NIU. We had McGowan back.

Nothing against Rey, but McGowan needs as many opportunities as possible. He is a damn baller.
I remember McGowan back and hoping the speedster would return one.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
I’m looking forward to it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the game too. I want to see if we show some continuity from the KSU game especially on the offensive side of the ball. Even though the competition was FCS it's painfully obvious that we can't just roll our helmets out on any given week and expect to win, so actually seeing the team execute some plays and put some points on the board was exciting. Yates had a 74% completion rate which we haven't seen in a while especially with 20+ attempts, and even on a few of the misses the timing was barely off.

From the sound of things I don't think some supposed Tech fans have the same motive looking forward to this game, however.