2022 Recruiting

lawtool1

Varsity Lurker
I think it is Jaylen Ward; Spain Park High School in Hoover, AL.

Gobees

Jolly Good Fellow
Any chance with this kid?? #1 QB in the country right in our backyard.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Every program in the country will want Morris. Not saying it wont happen... very well could. However, you're going to have to go toe-to-toe with all of the SEC powers to get him. This regime is equipped to do that better than any coaching staff we've ever had.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Morris and Damari Alston. I want this sooo bad.
That’s the kind of pipe dream that can really turn a program. Top 10/20 overall QBs have a way of snowballing a recruiting class. Would essentially ensure the best ranked class in the modern history of the team. Would also give instant credibility to Tech and CGC.

Id think it would be extremely important for Patenaude and the offense to have a good year. It would be far too easy for factories to negative recruit an elite QB if we again can’t move the ball consistently.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Morris and Damari Alston. I want this sooo bad.
Getting those 2 would be monumental. Like @gtrower said, that would likely snowball a class that could be program-changing. It's always going to be a tough battle for these top guys and we really need some good on the field showings this year, but we are in as good of a position as we've ever been to land players of this caliber. I'm excited for the future of GT football and the direction it's headed.

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
IMO TC is infectious. Don’t know if he is indeed as good at coaching as he is at inspiring people but am willing to be hopeful and find out.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
IMO TC is infectious. Don’t know if he is indeed as good at coaching as he is at inspiring people but am willing to be hopeful and find out.
The performance of our running backs last year showed good adjustment to the new offense as well as good technique. Still more work to go, such as on pass pro, but the backs showed TC can coach.

I'd give him head coach consideration at a mid-level if he wants that. Today. Otherwise, he'll wait a while for a good oc slot. I don't think Key will leave here any time soon or he'd become our oc here.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Looks like we have about 167 offers right now.
GA 41
FL 41
TX 25
Next state is at 8.

Position breakdowns look balanced. May be an emphasis on skill athletes regardless of position.

The following offered athletes have 30+ offers right now:
qb MJ Morris (Carrollton), qb Ty Simpson TN, rb Emeka Megwa TX, rb Damari Alston (Woodward Acad), wr Armani Winfield TX, te Donovan Green TX, te Trent McGaughey TX, ot Julian Armella FL, ot Gunner Givens VA, ot Will Campbell LA, edge Enai White PA, lb Shawn Murphy VA (43 offers!), cb Domani Jackson CA, cb Denver Harris TX, s Cristian Driver TX, s Alfonso Allen FL.

Athlete Kody Jones 6-0 180 Memphis TN displays as "warm." Most everyone at this stage is "cool" with everyone, with a few commits.

Those with no more than 3+ offers, which may mean we give them special attention:
qb Zak Rozsman (Marietta), qb Stephen Curry FL, wr Kyron Henderson TX, wr Jalen Ward AL, ot Qae'shon Sapp (Leesburg), ot Josiah Lancaster FL, de DJ Jackson SC, de Jadon Scarlett TX, s Caleb Wooden (Lawrenceville)

Interestingly (to me), no offensive lineman offered from the state of Alabama, but the following year has quite a few.

Last edited: