2022 Recruiting

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
I was looking at our roster online. If I counted correctly we have 51 freshmen and 20 red shirt freshmen. The roster management will be challenging over the next few years.

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I was looking at our roster online. If I counted correctly we have 51 freshmen and 20 red shirt freshmen. The roster management will be challenging over the next few years.
Won't it be somewhat the same for everyone?

There is going to have to be some sort of special something to keep a class of kids somewhere down the line from getting squeezed.

79tech

Damn Good Rat
Won't it be somewhat the same for everyone?

There is going to have to be some sort of special something to keep a class of kids somewhere down the line from getting squeezed.
I have thought the same but don't believe that is right. If they give an exception for those that normally would have used their eligibility but haven't because they were granted an extra year, then you will be able to carry more than 85 players until all have moved on and a class does not get squeezed. Eventually you will go back to the 85 limit but may take 4 years. At least, I think that is the right way to think about it.

May take an accountant to keep up with it.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
I’m sure it will work itself out with attrition. The hard part will be keeping the right numbers in the right positions I would think. Less opportunities to hit the transfer portal.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Going to Georgia is also a 40-year decision. But with a very different outcome.

Go to the dwags

Go to Tech
No sale for me without a Jacuzzi brand hot tub

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I have thought the same but don't believe that is right. If they give an exception for those that normally would have used their eligibility but haven't because they were granted an extra year, then you will be able to carry more than 85 players until all have moved on and a class does not get squeezed. Eventually you will go back to the 85 limit but may take 4 years. At least, I think that is the right way to think about it.

May take an accountant to keep up with it.
hope so

We talk about these guys like they are interchangeable but they each only get one shot to go through the process obviously

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I used to think so too, but really it’s normal, and the recruits seem to love the attention (most of the time). Now, adding them as Facebook friends, that’s creepy.
I think retweeting them or replying with a graphic or emoji is okay. That's about it. Some of those dudes are really cringey on there.