2022 Recruiting

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
You mean Louisville has come a long way? They should be honored to be included with all those other schools like us who have won National Championships.
They do have a Heisman and went toe to toe with Clemson when healthy. That’s a fresher memory than our Orange Bowl. Regardless this puts a good feeling in your stomach, like damn things might be looking up.

The Jacket

The Coat
They do have a Heisman and went toe to toe with Clemson when healthy. That’s a fresher memory than our Orange Bowl. Regardless this puts a good feeling in your stomach, like damn things might be looking up.
I can't help but keep fixating on how important this season is. With all the incoming transfers, the experience our guys have already gained, the momentum we've been picking up on the trail. Not only do I believe that we will outperform expectations, but I feel like it's almost necessary. If we have a statement season, demonstrate that all the juice + stars = winning, the ACC is in some deep ööööing trouble. If we see improvements measured in increments, the heat will be on no matter how much time I think Collins should be allowed.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
I can't help but keep fixating on how important this season is. With all the incoming transfers, the experience our guys have already gained, the momentum we've been picking up on the trail. Not only do I believe that we will outperform expectations, but I feel like it's almost necessary. If we have a statement season, demonstrate that all the juice + stars = winning, the ACC is in some deep ööööing trouble. If we see improvements measured in increments, the heat will be on no matter how much time I think Collins should be allowed.
Absolutely. This is the most important year for tech football since I don’t know when

THWUGA

Dodd-Like except wouldn't have left the SEC
Replace all this with "Dabo" and "Clemson" and "WR" and you have Clemson fanspeak from a decade ago.
Right. This is a bit like every NFL draft when they compare every single 5’-10” QB to Doug Flutie, or every QB with small hands to Drew Brees.

I love TC and look forward to him being a successful coach here. We are midway through a gigantic turnaround. To even suggest replacing CGC with him right now isnot rational.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
No one is saying to replace anyone. We are just thinking about a nebulous future and our love of Choice. He’s gonna keep moving up the coaching ladder so might as well keep GT in his mind. And I totally agree that this year is a huge year for GT football. All the work Collins has put in trying to change hearts and minds has been working. Now, it’s gotta show some results. I’m still not worried about wins but we simply can’t lose to Kennesaw and we can’t lose by 70 to anyone. I remember the 1991 season and the feeling I had as I walked into the Meadowlands that we had arrived and were about to show the college football world that we were back. It took about a quarter to realize we weren’t. I sure don’t want to feel that again especially after the KSU game. And as I’ve stated many times before, the college powers all around us need us to fail more than any team because of the market. When GT is down, FSU, Bama, Auburn, UGA, Clemson all feast on the local talent. When we get our share, they still eat but they don’t feast.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Right. This is a bit like every NFL draft when they compare every single 5’-10” QB to Doug Flutie, or every QB with small hands to Drew Brees.

I love TC and look forward to him being a successful coach here. We are midway through a gigantic turnaround. To even suggest replacing CGC with him right now isnot rational.
TC may be HC material. Don't know and at this point, don't care. Can we just win some games and maybe some trophies before we annoint the next Messiah. If he really is HC material then he will get his chance and I'll support him whether here or elsewhere.

I just don't get the jumping ahead 5 years thing that fans do every time they get psyched up by a coach.