2023 Recruiting

Techbert

Dodd-Like
It's hard NOT to notice the very highly rated RBs getting signed, especially given how that feat eluded the previous regime despite that being, in theory, their strongest position in recruiting.
Without going into the judgments of the pros and cons of the last HFC, his system was not friendly to recruiting individual running backs. The a backs had very few touches a game. The b backs went through designed gaps without reading and did not ever have to block, so they could rack up big yardage but not be ready for the pros. The qb's could also rack up big yardage but were positionless in the pros. Since the best athletes have pro aspirations it was not an easy sell to them at running back, if we even bothered to initiate contact with them.

We had a lot of backs and we had a lot of yards on the ground, but that is different from saying the system was a strength in recruiting.

I also don't want anyone here to think I am saying anything bad about TC. He has world class passion and heart. We are definitely lucky to have him. But fans sometimes glom onto one or two people to either adulate or scapegoat, and miss what is actually happening.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Without going into the judgments of the pros and cons of the last HFC, his system was not friendly to recruiting individual running backs. The a backs had very few touches a game. The b backs went through designed gaps without reading and did not ever have to block, so they could rack up big yardage but not be ready for the pros. The qb's could also rack up big yardage but were positionless in the pros. Since the best athletes have pro aspirations it was not an easy sell to them at running back, if we even bothered to initiate contact with them.

We had a lot of backs and we had a lot of yards on the ground, but that is different from saying the system was a strength in recruiting.

I also don't want anyone here to think I am saying anything bad about TC. He has world class passion and heart. We are definitely lucky to have him. But fans sometimes glom onto one or two people to either adulate or scapegoat, and miss what is actually happening.
I am impressed with the penetration into Texas due to Coach Choice. We need to expand our national recruiting and Texas is a rich market for talent.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Then you do not understand our target audience.

I know Florida kids embrace the 404, because it means something different than it does to you.
It's a great slogan and it represents a giant city in America. I didn't think it was hard to understand why it resonates but apparently for some it is.