2023 Recruiting

QuadF

Dodd-Like
if we even bothered to initiate contact with them
I agree 100% with everything you said but this tidbit. CPJ struggled with recruiting elite talent more often than not (no reasont to pretend otherwise), but he addressed this specific thing multiple times. There's plenty of criticism and praise he deserves, but let's not steer in to apocryphal territory.

I think that cpj wouldve done well had he continued to let bohannon tinker with the offense as it wouldve let us open up the system to guys with pro aspirations better. I rather wish we could get a better mix of option with Collin's recruiting.

Gramblin_Wreck

Varsity Lurker
I am happy that Tech has finally sent letters to my little cousin, RJ Johnson, who the AJC touts as the best QB out of Westlake since Cam Newton. RJ was the 1st team All-America QB on the 2020 MaxPreps sophomore team (supplemented by many 1st team All State 6A awards). He is only a junior and leading Westlake Lions, one of state’s top teams.

There is too much homegrown ATL talent that we are losing to other schools. We need to buck the trend and be an earlier presence in prospective recruits to hopefully start a cascade effect of solidifying blue chip talent in the area.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
I am happy that Tech has finally sent letters to my little cousin, RJ Johnson, who the AJC touts as the best QB out of Westlake since Cam Newton. RJ was the 1st team All-America QB on the 2020 MaxPreps sophomore team (supplemented by many 1st team All State 6A awards). He is only a junior and leading Westlake Lions, one of state’s top teams.

There is too much homegrown ATL talent that we are losing to other schools. We need to buck the trend and be an earlier presence in prospective recruits to hopefully start a cascade effect of solidifying blue chip talent in the area.
This coach is working towards exactly what you're saying. Just don't need his on field results to derail the efforts. Just WIN baby!