2024 Transfer Portal

His brother is the QB at Milton who is committed to Miami, but we are still recruiting.

I’m sure he’ll make his mark. Bet he’s in when we try to pound the ball in the endzone.
giphy-3221968990.gif

Another GT commit from the Portal. TE Josh Beetham from Michigan. Position of need.

Is it still a position of need? Seither and Jackson Long are still with the team, and we have 2 transfers and 2 freshmen coming in before this. One of those freshmen would compete to start right away for most teams. It's not the world's greatest depth column but I don't see this grad transfer moving the needle.

Can he pass rush? Because if Romello tweaks anything we're shuffling linebackers to the front.

Is it still a position of need? Seither and Jackson Long are still with the team, and we have 2 transfers and 2 freshmen coming in before this. One of those freshmen would compete to start right away for most teams. It's not the world's greatest depth column but I don't see this grad transfer moving the needle.

Can he pass rush? Because if Romello tweaks anything we're shuffling linebackers to the front.
Beetham was a QB in high school and initially went to IL as a QB I believe. Not sure about his defense skills.

With us having a slinging QB, yes.

Gonna be plenty of balls to spread around.

As pointed out below, he’s a walk-on like he was at Michigan. What I meant by a position of need is, right now only Seither has shown much at the P5 / P4 level. Goede was a 4* prospect, but hasn’t done much at uga, Mississippi State.

The TE cupboard has numbers for sure. Hopefully it translates into a solid rotation both in the blocking and passing game.

Back