#22 3* WR Nate McCollum

Walton

Damn Good Rat
It is just based on we have 15 WRs coming back next year (including the recruits). That is a lot more than most schools. Seems like 10 is closer to normal.

FWIW, Temple does have 16 on their current roster.

I don't know what is normal for us and of course, there could be some attrition.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
WR’s are great to have on ST’s as well. Need as much speed on the field as possible.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Another one we flipped from NC State. Not letting kids like this out of the state, anymore. I believe he is underrated on Rivals.

Last edited:

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Still think Downs is on another level. Believe the staff did too. His ability to create separation is crazy.

That being said I’m not mad to end up with McCollum. Might end up being a pretty damn good baseball player for us too.

Our WR room is already more talent rich than people gave us credit for coming into 2019. And it’s only gonna get better with Gowdy, King, McCollum, and Ezzard next year.
Doesn't mean a whole lot but he's rated higher than Downs by 247.

GCdaJuiceMan

Flats Noob
It is just based on we have 15 WRs coming back next year (including the recruits). That is a lot more than most schools. Seems like 10 is closer to normal.

I don't know what is normal for us and of course, there WILL be some attrition.

LongforDodd

Dodd-Like

I don't know what is normal for us and of course, there could be some attrition.
Sounds like that will make us 5 deep at WR

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Doesn't mean a whole lot but he's rated higher than Downs by 247.
That may be true, but IMO Downs might be the best slot WR prospect in the country for 2020. It’s a shame the stars aligned for UNC (uncle on staff and our offense has struggled) because he’s a local kid who hates uga.

But again, McCollum has the tools which is mainly speed. Not upset to see his name in the class.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
That may be true, but IMO Downs might be the best slot WR prospect in the country for 2020. It’s a shame the stars aligned for UNC (uncle on staff and our offense has struggled) because he’s a local kid who hates uga.

But again, McCollum has the tools which is mainly speed. Not upset to see his name in the class.
Downs moved on from GT before the season started.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
What is not to like about this young man? Just for kicks, observe how fast he takes off after the snap - faster than a New York cab after the light turns green.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like

Downs was my biggest bummer in this class and now I am not bummed, anymore. Plus, this just adds to an outstanding baseball class as a bonus.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
While we are kinda high on WR numbers, we're not real high on quality slot receivers, so I'm feeling happy about this recruit. We may have some attrition at WR, and it would be necessary.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
We are wanting to get to the point where we can spread 3-4 highly talented WRs out and sling it all over the yard, while mixing in read option and RPO concepts. Going to be a Big XII-ish offense and nasty when everything is in place.