#23 Emmanuel Johnson

THWG247

Jolly Good Fellow
Again filling a spot doesn’t mean it’s at the same position. And I’m not even the one who used that phrase to begin with. I was responding to the poster who used that phrase.
Why do you get your panties in such a wad about meaningless comments like a little bisch?

ramblin57

Varsity Lurker
My feeling on our oc is i probably will not pass judgement until after'21 season. Need to let cbk have next year to get a start on his group of his type players who will be the first of his type players, it takes a while to get a new group of ol up to speed. Also time with qbs is needed, especially with the incoming frosh.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
Maybe I'm missing your point, but...yes? I know I was skeptical of him. It's amazing what ending a drought against your in-state rival your first year as coach will do to quell widespread skepticism though.
Ask pepper.

ChadWins

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I agree. The days of out coaching those who can recruit are over. Collins is here to build the talent level. Collins controls his own destiny. He and Thacker along with recruiting will bring the defense up to an extremely competitive level. Collins will have to make the tough decision after 2020 regarding the offense. If CDP doesn’t appear to be the guy then Collins future will depend on if he’s willing to make the move and turn the offense over to an offensive version of Thacker. But it wouldn5 surprise me to see CDP turn a corner next season with a healthy OLine, better QB play and the WR’s we will have. We’ll have 3 guys like Brown next year. I’m can’t wait for 2021.
I think DP is going to be fine. Some of the guys do not understand the personal issues we had this year.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Back to the topic.

I am adopting Emmanuel as my favorite recruit this recruiting class, mainly cuz I expect him to overperform the opinion of the "experts" while he is at GT.

The problem with his tape is that HS put him at 5 technique when I think his future is at 0, 1, or 3. He should put on weight easily, and S&C will make sure he puts it on the Right Way. Looks to me like a guy that will graduate around 330 #. At that weight he should retain a lot of his natural athleticism. So... penetrating 300+ DT... I can get used to that, with the strength and mass to hold his place in the trenches.

Also, I like dudes with athletes as moms. They typically know what they need to do and do it. And a mom to get on their case if they slack. {Insert mom joke here if you have no originality.}