Discussion in 'Football' started by Buzzkill1974, Sep 14, 2019.

1. DressCheeseSideSeaboard

DressCheeseSideSeaboard Cyborg

Loc:
    Out of town
    Team:
    Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
    Perhaps overconfidence led to complacency.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JacketFan77

JacketFan77 Bokonon High Priest

Loc:
    High on a mountain top
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Again, that’s a coaching problem. If this team got “complacent” after squeaking by a pisspoor USF team at home, then the coaches aren’t doing an adequate job of getting after these kids to work harder. If you’re saying the coaches got complacent, well, again, that’s ööööed up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JacketForLife

JacketForLife No more small ball, thanks

Loc:
    Your Head
    Team:
    Ramblin' Wreck
    Yeah those are part of the reason. I don’t think there’s a single reason though. I think the biggest single thing is play execution. That falls on the players.

Certainly there’s a factor of putting your men in the best position to win, and I do question what we’ve seen on offense. But I don’t think it’s arbitrary what we are running.

I keep asking myself, why don’t we see something different on offense? The only thing that really makes sense is that they’re incapable of doing it as a unit. Be it the OL, QB, TEs, WRs.

Can’t throw quick slants if your QB can’t throw. Can’t throw 5 and 7 step drops if your line can’t block. Cant do anything when your center öööös the snap up.

Then, when everything is finally done right, we can’t get open or the ball is held on too long or the WRs/TEs get alligator arms.

That’s player execution, not coaching.

I’m not absolving the end of game clock management catastrophe.

By the way, Thacker and Collins held Navy to 17 points last year- so its not exactly the coaching on defense either.

• Like Like x 1