28 Years Ago

Boss Ross was the man, but Osborne was a classy guy as well.
Tom Osborne was the one who cast the deciding vote in the coaches poll that gave us the national championship. Nebraska was the only school in the country that played Colorado and GT that year and so they asked Osborne to cast the vote for who was most deserving of the title. Needless to say, I've always had a lot of respect for Tom Osborne.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_28679...pionship-flashback-split-decision-final-polls

Phantom clipping call on Rocket's punt return for TD. Somebody show me a clip.

My guess is that the call was on the block on #11 at the 0:41 second mark. It's clearly not clipping; he hits from the side and above the waist. But in real time it kinda sorta looks like a clip if you want to find a clip.

I don't know how to post videos to facebook, but the frame by frame shows the block is above the waist and on the side. It's only after the block that the it looks like it's behind and waist level. A bad call.

For Christmas this year, my sister and brother in law gave me an autographed one of these:
s-l300.jpg

It’s getting framed and hung in the office.

I jumped on the rear bumper of the Wreck (for a few yards) after the game during the celebration and left with a hunk of turf. Great time!

Fifth down aside, why did the ref stop the clock after that stuffed "2nd" down (3rd down) run??? Even with the down marker screwup, clock should've run out.

Bill McCartney was a real dirtbag POS coach.
Even the "5th" down play was close, I don't even know if he got in on that play. Bottom line is, since everyone in the world know there was a 5th down, why couldn't the NCAA have given Missouri the win?

I saw my first GT game in 1961 - Oct 14 vs puke.

I can absolutely say there were a larger number of GT fans at the Citrus Bowl than any game I have ever seen at Grant Field.

Awesome.

It Can Be Done.

My first GT game was 1966 (though I was only 16 months old). The first GT game I remember was 1970 vs Navy. Citrus Bowl was also the most GT fans I have ever seen at a game.

I saw my first GT game in 1961 - Oct 14 vs puke.

I can absolutely say there were a larger number of GT fans at the Citrus Bowl than any game I have ever seen at Grant Field.

Awesome.

It Can Be Done.

It seemed like most of the traffic on I-75 were vehicles with GT tags, flags, and bumper stickers.

It seemed like most of the traffic on I-75 were vehicles with GT tags, flags, and bumper stickers.

Maybe you saw the back window of my car? It said "HUCK THE FUSKERS" on it. I was pretty edgy back then.

Back