28pt lead and STILL throwing?.....

law_bee

Dodd-Like
Greene was putting up in the air w/ a 28pt lead and threw int for TD.

Ala then recover punt fumble for a TD.

now a 14pt game w/ a whole quarter left

ugag may win but Richt is STILL making coaching gaffs

when van gorder leaves they will come back to earth

Richt is not the class guy I once thought him to be.

I even turned on O'Leary when he sent Damarius in to throw and go 77-7 past 70-7 against Navy. We were the jerks on that day.

I was happy to have O'Leary, but that move was no class, and so are some of the moves Richt has made.

I'm not saying Richt is a scumbag - he's ok - and he's a great coach - he's just not the saint that UGA fans want to believe.

His superior performance recruiting and motivating have helped him overcome his coaching gaffes on gamegay.

A 28 point lead SHOULD NOT make a team quit playing hard. Just ask Payton Manning this morning.......

And just for the record, I REALLY hated giving up that TD at the end of the NC State game.

Go Jackets!

me too crop
and the defense not even getting down in their stances just drove me insane on that last drive in the red-zone
110% the whole game!!!!
mad.gif

Wow - I am floored Richt would say that about his OLine and running backs - that he didn't have faith in them to get it done.

Not trying to paint with a broad brush here as I actually think his comment about Ala defense is legit and throwing at any score in the 3rd quarter is justified - but I am surprised at the 2nd comment - even if it is true and makes sense to an outside observer. Just isn't a very good motivation commentary.

WTF do we care what Richt did on Saturday against the bammers? Enough already with the obsession! Let's worry about what's going on in Atlanta. Jeez.
soapbox.gif

LawBee

I didn't miss the point - I agreed with you and added my own point.

You missed my point!

Take that.

TechFowl

you miss the point of the post. It may or may not have been low class, but it was definitely stupid.

You run the ball b/c it keeps the clock moving and you will not lose the game.

Ugag could have lost the game. It was a 14 pt game after an int for TD and punt fumble for TD with 12mins left.

Richt has made MANY coaching gaffs including BC bowl game.

after those two gaffs Ugag started running it and put the game away quickly.

you have to be smart or you will lose some that you should not lose

Well Richt's comments after the game help explain his thinking a little bit.

First, he said, "You can't start trying to run out the clock in the 3rd Quarter. And they kept bringing the house to stop the run leaving man coverage on the corners. I thought we could throw another one in and really put them away."

Second, he agreed he should've run the ball more, but added the caveat that he just doesn't have enough faith in the young OL and RB's taking over the game right now.

Back