3 game series w/Mid Tenn St seems imminent

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
It appears that the MTSU AD, Chris Massaro, has a real good relationship with GT AD, Dan Radakovich. Can basketball & baseball games be just aroung the corner? Anyway, the series looks to be very favorable for Tech. Same setup as UConn was, but an easy drive to Murfreesboro. I like it better than Samford/Jax St.

GT to play MTSU

Thanks Ace for the information and link.

IMO, these type of 2 for 1 deals are good for both parties. Tech gets 2 games at home and the other party gets to "sell" 2 games on the "Flats" to recruits AND have a Major opponent come to their stadium.

Also, I applaud the relationship end of this agreement. RAD is now the AD of one of the most historic programs in College Football and he has not forgotten his past relationships. It speaks well of his character IMO.

I think it is a win - win situation.

Middle Tennessee could be a dangerous opponent. Very recently I believe it is Alabama who they have given a hard fought game or two. And they beat Vanderbilt last year when the Commodores had their best team, beating Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Tennessee.

I think it would be great...close approximation and a game that we should win but would have to properly prepare for and manage to obtain the victory.

I believe Vanderbilt was 4-0 when MTSU beat them last year. Losing that game something like 17-16 cost Vandy a bowl though, because I think they finished 5-6 after beating Tennessee, which was a great sight to see by the way. When Vandy beat the Vols, it looked like they had won the Rose Bowl the way they were acting. I like what Johnson is doing with that program.

You are right on all accounts. And it was awesome to see the Vanderbilt take down Tennessee. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif

This is right in line with the Troy programs, although Troy is stronger in 2006, but not by much.

This is a good regional matchup for OOC games.

Troy's new AD is Steve Dennis, ex Central Macon All-state QB from '73 and ex UGA DE from '75-'79. Coached at Auburn under Dye and got caught-up in that trouble with that Auburn DB.

Good guy and will probably do Troy some good.

Back