35-40% of fans are not supporting.........

law_bee,

On behalf of all Tech fans who live beyond 3 miles from the 790 broadcast antenna, thanks for the link.

On this board, I would say it's more like 88.71% are not supportive.

MsTechAnalysis is right. The naysayers have most definitely been heard. Dave Braine has addressed the naysayers.

i respect MsTechAnalysis' comment that it is not "non support", rather it is concern.

i don't think that any Tech fan is "happy" with our team's performance last year, which is directly related to issues like coaching, talent and injuries.

however, if you're not happy with the coach at Tech, that doesn't mean that you should stop supporting Tech. we need every Tech fan's support now more than ever.

Braine assesses that 60% have "rallied" behind the program. the 40% that have not done so yet need to.

I think Braine shouldn't be throwing out those kinds of numbers on the radio. Just MHO. I think the letter was enough for all of this. To go on radio and speak about the % of people that are not supportive and/or cancelling tickets and such...I'd rather that not be aired on radio.

Just MHO.

Ylojk8!
We agree! Never doubted anyone here not supporting our team. Can't imagine individuals posting here being "bandwagon" people, we are much too passionate!

for those that did not here the interview it was really "wierd."

Chris Dimino, who I personally think is an ASS, was asking some harsh questions:

why do you think CG can do the job?

specifically what about his credentials tells you he can be a successful head coach?

It was like Beeware was grilling Braine. I found the interview troubling.

the question of what if we are here next year was asked?

--response....something like~ then we will have a problem

I am surprised there has not been more discussion about it. I will be honest with you I felt that Braine was acting similar to the way Dooley acted when confronted about Donnan.

I sincerely hope CG rights the ship and acheives success, but there are MANY factors working against him.

ylojk8, I agree about the state of our program. There are many of us that question whether CG will be successful as our head coach and Braine has let one and all know that he is aware of our pain. Conversely, I agree with you that attrition
among the hard core fan will be minimal. However if we
have another tough year when our players look confused and uninspired we will begin to have some serious attrition among many fans that have been faithful for a long time. I fully intend to continue to support Tech because my affections for them require me to and I guess you could say by extension I am supporting him by extension. I will even go further and say if we have another bad year like this one and the AA takes action it will not be fatal to our program.
I guess that the biggest surprise to me is that CG is retaining his staff intact and it doesn't matter how astute a HC is, if he has a weak assistant on his staff his work will show up on Sat. afternoon. Braine's timing for the letter could have been better.

Originally posted by law_bee:
for those that did not here the interview it was really "wierd."

Chris Dimino, who I personally think is an ASS, was asking some harsh questions:

why do you think CG can do the job?

specifically what about his credentials tells you he can be a successful head coach?

It was like Beeware was grilling Braine. I found the interview troubling.

the question of what if we are here next year was asked?

--response....something like~ then we will have a problem

I am surprised there has not been more discussion about it. I will be honest with you I felt that Braine was acting similar to the way Dooley acted when confronted about Donnan.

I sincerely hope CG rights the ship and acheives success, but there are MANY factors working against him.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Those sound like legitimate questions to me. Tough but legitimate. I wish I could have heard his answers.

I thought it was a great interview.

790 asked the tough questions and Braine gave
them straight, candid answers.

After that interview I actually felt better.

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
I thought it was a great interview.

790 asked the tough questions and Braine gave
them straight, candid answers.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'll take your word for it, since I didn't hear the interview and only have secondhand information. I must admit though that I didn't like the fact that he said something along the lines of "35-40% of people" were negative or not supportive. Throwing out numbers like that only give our enemies more chances to poke holes in our program.

Originally posted by bugboy:
[/qb]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'll take your word for it, since I didn't hear the interview and only have secondhand information. I must admit though that I didn't like the fact that he said something along the lines of "35-40% of people" were negative or not supportive. Throwing out numbers like that only give our enemies more chances to poke holes in our program.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Bugboy,

Not sure who the enemy is you're referring to but to paraphrase POGO, "we have met the enemy and it's us".

If our program is damaged, the wounds were self-inflicted. I bet we can all agree on that.

crackerjacket,
you said
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I didn't hear the interview. Afterwards, did you feel better because Braine gave hope for this year, or did you feel better because you now believe that Braine will do what is necessary if this year is not successful?

I hope I phrased that in a comprehensible manner.

Back