41,335 the "announced crowd"....

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
laugh.gif

BOO

Uh..are you laughing at the attendance?
I would hope not considering the weather.

OK, let's do the math. That's 41,000 x $15 smackers, hotdogs and coca-colas. How much money did the dumbass make? Oh, by the way, when do they start on the stadium again?

I'm laughing because I was there. Maybe 25,000 were in attendance...maybe. I can completely understand why people would choose to stay home for that game, poor weather, poor opponent, and UGA/Auburn on the tube. What I can't understand is why OUR AA lies about the numbers. What does it accomplish when the lie is so unbelievable? This is not the first time that the numbers have been cooked, so maybe it is just a habit that someone can't seem to break.
BOO

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
I'm laughing because I was there. Maybe 25,000 were in attendance...maybe. I can completely understand why people would choose to stay home for that game, poor weather, poor opponent, and UGA/Auburn on the tube. What I can't understand is why OUR AA lies about the numbers. What does it accomplish when the lie is so unbelievable? This is not the first time that the numbers have been cooked, so maybe it is just a habit that someone can't seem to break.

I thought that number wasn't so far off. It looked like a great crowd to me considering the weather/opponent, etc.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

The stadium holds +/-42,000 and you think that 41,335 is not off by much! Man, what were you drinking at the game? I want some of it!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

BOO

Ghost,
The AA is always like that. My favorite is the O'leary/ Chan show where if you watch the 30 min program it looks like we beat every opponent 50 to nothing. I don't think we've ever been tackled once on that show.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

41,335 was the "tickets sold" number, which is what has been announced for all homes games this year. I can buy that. Actual attendance? It was probably around 30,000.

Tickets sold and actual attendance seem to be the same thing down at the GTAA. Again, the "announced crowd" was 41,335(per AJC).
BOO

They always announce "tickets sold". The stadium holds 43,750. A little more than 30k were in attendance.

Tickets sold and actual attendance seem to be the same thing down at the GTAA. Again, the "announced crowd" was 41,335(per AJC).
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's funny how we grasp hold of some things the AJC says, and other times we think it's nothing more than a fish wrapper.
wink.gif

In this case, who do you think the AJC got their info from, but GTAA?
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BDG, of course that's where they got the information.

You're point in all this seems to be around the fact that you believe the GTAA is not telling the truth. The AJC puts into writing something, and you say the GTAA is not telling the truth based on what the AJC says.

The GTAA always announces tickets sold.

There are people coming into BDS from all over the place. There are people in the Wardlaw Building. There are people in the suits in the "success center." Not everyone goes through turnstiles when visiting BDS to see a game. That has something to do with them announcing "tickets sold." Others may put it into words that it's attendence. Can be interpreted as people want to interprete it. Another thing is it's important to GTAA how many tickets they have sold for the game or given away.

BDG, you may think this is funny. That's cool.

I personally don't feel that the GTAA is trying to be dishonest. You may think so. That seems to be your point.

This doesn't bode too well for next year, when GTAA's attendance fudging will have to account for another 10,000 empty seats.

Grinding out a win is one thing, but maybe if our style of play wasn't so DULLLLLLLLLLLLLL, people would come out for the game regardless of the opponent.

At least 35,000 there. BTW, NCAA requires every school, when figuring attendance to include EVERY player, worker, band member, support staff, cheerleader, etc in the total.

Oh yeah, f*&k the auc for their ball licking leg humping smart arse comment about "announced crowd."

The figuers are true...it's just that so many Tech fans fell asleep that they slid off their seats and only looked like they were empty.
pat.gif

Those attendance figures are laughable. There was not one section in the stadium that had half the seats full....NOT ONE. And if half the seats were full, which they were not, there still would have only been 20-25k there.

Bleedgold, hahaha, that's about right.

I have been at all home games this year, I estimate Duke game attendance at approx. 22k, damn pitiful, it didn't rain the whole game. Fog did envelope the Atlanta skyline, kinda prophetic of the play on the field.

Back