JWE37

Jolly Good Fellow
#58 B.J. Machen

Class: RS Freshman
Hometown: Hilliard, Ohio
High School: Hilliard Darby HS
Height / Weight: 6-1 / 232
Position: Linebacker

A talented true freshman who redshirted, but traveled with the team to Boston College (Sept. 6) and Virginia Tech (Sept. 13)... was impressive in August drills... has great strength, runs well and is rarely knocked down... relentless in pursuit of the football... athletic enough to avoid blockers.

High School
named first team Associated Press Division I All-Ohio... selected to the Columbus Dispatch All-Metro Defensive Player of the Year... registered more than 130 tackles to go with five sacks in 13 games as a senior... played in the Big 33 (Ohio vs. Pennsylvania all-stars) Game in June... averaged 13 tackles per game as a junior... led team in tackles, sacks and tackles-for-loss in both 2006 and 2007... led Hilliard Darby to an 11-2 record and the Division I regional final - the school's first playoff appearance... earned three varsity letters in football... also played two years on the track and wrestling teams.

No. 23 overall prospect in Ohio (Rivals.com)
No. 43 outside linebacker in the nation (Rivals.com)
No. 73 overall prospect in the Midwest (SuperPrep)

Personal
Born June 8, 1990 in Akron, Ohio... given name is Bijan Christian-Joseph Machen... the cousin of current Yellow Jacket defensive back DeRon Jasper... a good student with a lofty GPA... chose Georgia Tech over Maryland, Stanford, Duke, West Virginia and Syracuse... Machen said: "I like the location, I like the coaches and I have family down there."... his father, Ron, played at Stanford and his grandfather played at Illinois.

Back