680 The Fan reporting that Ears

GTechsta

Varsity Lurker
Tuberville is out at AU. Could help our recruiting! Go get on the kid from Parkview!

You mean the RB with good grades who's brother played for out national championship team that we didn't bother to call?

That kid?

We have no shot. Lester's family is furious with the coaching staff.

Per Paul Finebaum: Tuberville is almost certainly out. Nobody at Auburn, especially the school president, is speaking up for Tuberville. Reportedly, Petrino at Louisville has already been contacted by some Auburn higher-ups. The silence of the Auburn administration speaks volumes.

we're talking about Auburn here.

I don't think their president or athletic director has enough of a clue to handle this well whether he's staying or going.

Maybe they gave him 1 week to hire a new OC, DC and QB coach. And if he can't then he's fired. You never know.

But i fail to believe that AU (who is in horrible financial shape) is going to fire their 2nd most successful coach ever (Shugg was a yo-yo) and pay him almost $4 million to just sit at home.

no way.

Originally posted by YodaBee:
But i fail to believe that AU (who is in horrible financial shape) is going to fire their 2nd most successful coach ever (Shugg was a yo-yo) and pay him almost $4 million to just sit at home.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Pat Dye was 10 times the coach Tommy Tuberville is. He gives Shug a run for his money at #1.

(As a side note, I think I might put Heisman above Tubs as well.)

You mean the RB with good grades who's brother played for our national championship team that we didn't bother to call? That kid? We have no shot. Lester's family is furious with the coaching staff.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well, you can't please everyone I suppose!

Somebody give the big-money man, Louder (the UGA equivalent of Leeburn) a call and ask him what he wants to do with TT. Louder really runs Auburn and their Athletic Association.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
I wonder if Nix is anywhere on their list?

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No way - not as HC anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if he's their QB coach VERY soon but he's certainly not ready to be HC of a big time program. Hopefully he'll stay at Tech for a long time.

Back