680 the fan's last 24 hours have been great!

pocket_watch

Dodd-Like
680 the fan\'s last 24 hours have been great!

I speak of John Kinkaid. In my mind, he has done a great job with the big sports story in town, while the 2 stew's can't get off their regular shtick of man, krunk (whatever that is) and Ryan getting drunk on cheap Hennessy cognac.

Kinkaid and Belue just now finished up a great interview wirh Bill Curry. I have no idea what 790 was doing.

One thing I was so happy to hear was Kinkaid not buying why Tech couldn't compete with the best every year. This was prior to having Bill on.
It's refreshing to hear someone outside the Tech family that believes we can be as good as we want IF the right people are in place.

By the way, after the Curry interview, they took a couple of calls from whiny Tech fans that do not want Bill Curry as AD. Let me tell you something, it sounds absolutely ridiculous hearing people say they don't want Bill because of the Alabama thing. Just sounds stupid.

One more piece: Curry did not give CG a real strong vote of confidence.
There is more, but I gots to go.

Re: 680 the fan\'s last 24 hours have been great!

[ QUOTE ]
I speak of John Kinkaid. In my mind, he has done a great job with the big sports story in town, while the 2 stew's can't get off their regular shtick of man, krunk (whatever that is) and Ryan getting drunk on cheap Hennessy cognac.

Kinkaid and Belue just now finished up a great interview wirh Bill Curry. I have no idea what 790 was doing.

One thing I was so happy to hear was Kinkaid not buying why Tech couldn't compete with the best every year. This was prior to having Bill on.
It's refreshing to hear someone outside the Tech family that believes we can be as good as we want IF the right people are in place.

By the way, after the Curry interview, they took a couple of calls from whiny Tech fans that do not want Bill Curry as AD. Let me tell you something, it sounds absolutely ridiculous hearing people say they don't want Bill because of the Alabama thing. Just sounds stupid.

One more piece: Curry did not give CG a real strong vote of confidence.
There is more, but I gots to go.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree on the Stews - they're hard to listen to. You can't continue to mess up on factual information without losing credibility.

But Kincaid - he takes every opportunity possible to take cheap shots at GT and its fans. I can't take anything he says seriously.

And I do agree with you on Curry leaving for Alabama. Based on the information available to him at the time (plus Dodd, his mentor, advising him to leave for Bammer) he did the right thing. Maybe Tech fans rightfully feel jilted but he certainly has learned from that decision: GT did, in fact, win another national championship after he left (one of the reasons he left - he didn't feel it could be done) and he was pretty successful at Bammer but their fans never accepted him (since his teams couldn't beat All-Barn)

All the more reason to bring that boy back to where he belongs. I say let's break out the fatted calf and somebody run out to meet him with the nicest coat we have. Maybe old JD would have access to a roll of "Old Gold" Carpet to roll out for him. Folks, I can't say that his leaving to go to Alabam was right or wrong, because that was HIS business. I hated to see him leave but that's behind us. But DANG, it's done now and we need a good GT man at the helm and I think he would be the one. Could be for that reason, he'd work his butt off to do the best job ever in the AD. I say let's get a rope around him and rein him on in to the AD's office. Somebody fetch a cup of coffee, if he likes coffee. He's a big fish and we need to reel that bad boy in.

CB, I was in a rush and didn't take the time to mention that I normally can't stand to listen to Kinkaid. Like you said, he normally is degrading to Tech.
Hiyevah, since yesterday, I have been wanting to listen to somebody talk about the Tech situation and Kinkaid surprised me.
Maybe his negative stance on Tech has been a stage act. Either way, 680 took this situation seriously imo.

There's not much difference between what Braine said (never competing consistently) and what Curry did (leaving because he didn't think a MNC could be won at Tech). Don't get me wrong, Curry is one of my two favorites. I'm speaking more about people jumping Braine for what he said and then declaring Curry the second coming.

Golftango, my reasons for supporting Curry may be different than what you are thinking. I don't know how to boil them down in a short message but I will say that I would tolerate another 5 years of the current win %, and maybe a bit less if I thought that the new regime was passionate about re building or just building the support and fan base of the program.

I don't support Curry because of my opinion of his boardroom skills. I want him because I think he can make Ga. Tech the place great kids and great fans want to come to.
At the present, we need great and genuine marketing and public relations from the top, and I believe that Bill Curry is smart enough and humble enough to know that he will need to assemble a very capable team to help him with the administrative facet of the job.

As for me, I recognize and respect his virtues more now than while he was coach during my time at Tech. Of course, I have changed but he hasn't.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe his negative stance on Tech has been a stage act.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's exactly a stage act - just like everything he says. All he's trying to do is drive a reaction by saying stuff that he feels is controversial.

Sometimes the truth is contraversial enough.

[ QUOTE ]
There's not much difference between what Braine said (never competing consistently) and what Curry did (leaving because he didn't think a MNC could be won at Tech). Don't get me wrong, Curry is one of my two favorites. I'm speaking more about people jumping Braine for what he said and then declaring Curry the second coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right - there isn't much difference. But the little difference is - Curry was proven wrong and knows it.

Back