#7- Jared Behren LB

How many other LBs have we gotten out of northern Virginia over the years since Pepper brought Lawton Hydrick down from West Springfield in 1974? Not very many.......

And we used to get quite a few kids out of Falls Church, too.

Glad to see an inroad in VippySue's & the French's backyard.
Got a pretty good one from Ferrum once upon a time.

Louis Young too
and I think Rod Rook Chungong. Also got us Kevin Robbins, I believe, but alas, he did not stick.

Weren't they from DC or the Maryland side of the Potomac? Not the same as NoVa.

RRC is from Silver Spring, MD, Young was from Good Counsel HS in WASHDC, & Robbins was from Bishop McNamara in Forestville, MD. Again, not the same as NoVa.

But thanks for playing.

He will start out at 3 star. A mid 5s. Then we will see

Yeah, from what I have seen in the past, when an unrated player commits to a P5 school, rivals will go ahead and give them a 5.5, low-mid 3 star rating. Happened with Demetrius Knight and Cornelius Evans in the last cycle.

In this case, I am not concerned about it. I think this was a sneaky move by our staff to get this guy early.

And I just checked. They gave him a default 5.4 2 star rating. Whatevs. Just a placeholder until he gets evaluated.

There's a lot to like. How many coaches trust a soph linebacker to cover the slot? Didn't see much bend, but knows how to head towards the qb. Drops in coverage. Responsible in run defense. Looked like he can diagnose. Hustled.

I hate only looking at highlight tape, but I liked what I saw. I wouldn't be afraid of him at mike or sam. I don't think he is athletic enough for will, and he's not a DE.

Back