790 the Zone from Vince Dooley's house

hornetbee

Varsity Lurker
Our "flagship"station 790 was broadcasting from Dooley's house this morning and had Richt on there. All I heard was talk about the nad-lickers. I assume the entire morning show was nothing but mutt talk.

What's wrong with this picture?????

When are we gonna move on to some other radio station???

Its ridiculous!!!!

Please find me a radio station that gives Tech more coverage than 790 does, and I'll switch to it.

why listen to them unless it is a planned GT show?

Ever since I moved to Charlotte from ATL ~3 yrs ago my quality of life has improved w/o 790.

It is the same thing w/ AUC. I glance at it online but I read very few articles that I suspect are anti GT.

Between here, hive, and macon paper you have no need for the auc.

I wish they would make the WHOLE site pay then I would never go there.

I knew I should have made a bet about someone whining about our flagship station daring to cover UGA at all.

Guys you better get used to this, because until UGA hits the nasty 4 game stretch they are going to be a top 3 team and a media darling. Wait until the ESPN taint worship starts and then you can be really annoyed.

I've started to really enjoy the afternoon show. It's really pretty funny.

Also, I've always liked the Stews, and Ryan still plugs GT on national syndicated radio somewhat regularly, so that's worth listening to. He also makes no bones about hating UGA and UGA's fans, especially when he gets emails from them.

I've always wished that WREK would do some coverage. 790's signal is painful to listen to during the day and impossible at night.

WREK does do coverage. Lots of it. There's the weekly "Ramblin Wreck Sports Report," Wednesdays from 6pm to 7pm, covering all aspects of Tech sports. There's the daily Tech sports update, that broadcasts at midnight, 7:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 12 noon, 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. There's also sports broadcasts, some of which are student announced and some of which are the same ISP coverage you'd get on 790, (e.g. Wes Durham) but without the commercials or the pre/post-game shows because they're too riddled with sponsors to let a nonprofit station get away with airing them.

http://www.wrek.org/?q=sports

Furthermore, you can get to an mp3 archive of the Ramblin Wreck Sports Report 24/7 from wrek.org's 7 day archive.

And I can guarantee they don't broadcast from Vince Dooley's house.

It's not that 790 is covering UGA that interests me here, it's that they managed to get broadcasting equipment into Vince's double-wide. You think they ran extension cords from other trailers and posted guards to prevent all those little "future-dawgs" from stealing the satellite dishes to make swimming pools? Nothing beats swimming when you have webbed toes.

why listen to them unless it is a planned GT show?

Ever since I moved to Charlotte from ATL ~3 yrs ago my quality of life has improved w/o 790.

It is the same thing w/ AUC. I glance at it online but I read very few articles that I suspect are anti GT.

Between here, hive, and macon paper you have no need for the auc.

I wish they would make the WHOLE site pay then I would never go there.

Law_bee do you listen to 610/1660 up in Charlotte. I used to love listening to Packman everyday, it is probably the best radio show imo, outside of Colin Cowherd sometimes. Sometimes I try listening to sports radio around here and it always makes me miss 610/1660.

It's not that 790 is covering UGA that interests me here, it's that they managed to get broadcasting equipment into Vince's double-wide. You think they ran extension cords from other trailers and posted guards to prevent all those little "future-dawgs" from stealing the satellite dishes to make swimming pools? Nothing beats swimming when you have webbed toes.

I know you're trying to sarcastic but Dooley's crib is pretty nice. It's an older home but rather large sitting on a nice piece of property.

27 year season ticket holder here. i respct dooley and believe he got railroaded at UGA. i hate the poodles, but Vince is OK in my book. i think the UGAy fans are more pissed that our flagship was sitting in the tall tower of the castle with their king.

that is funnier to me.

Go jackets.

6 wins this year, 10+ next. book it. get ready for the fastest team in the country over the next several years.

Eight wins: Boston College, Duke, Gardner-Webb, Jacksonville State, Miami, Mississippi State, North Carolina and Virginia.

Possible upset loss: Miami.
Possible upset victory: Clemson.

I could be wrong...often is the case.

Well now that we've hijacked this thread. I see 8 wins but I see us being all over the place. We will beat a UGA/Clemson/VPI but also lose to Duke or something.

Eight wins: Boston College, Duke, Gardner-Webb, Jacksonville State, Miami, Mississippi State, North Carolina and Virginia.

Possible upset loss: Miami.
Possible upset victory: Clemson.

I could be wrong...often is the case.
You apparently didn't catch the pattern there.

27 year season ticket holder here. i respct dooley and believe he got railroaded at UGA. i hate the poodles, but Vince is OK in my book. i think the UGAy fans are more pissed that our flagship was sitting in the tall tower of the castle with their king.

that is funnier to me.

Go jackets.

that is funnier to me.

Go jackets.

You can say that again ...oh ...nevermind. :smirk:

Back