790 the zone talking Tech tixs

Axe

Flats Noob
...Matt Chernoff is trying to figure out why GT can't fill the stadium and asking callers to let him know why. We have all beaten this dead horse enough, but I think it is good for GT to get a little publicity on this. It's worth a few tickets sold at least. Worth more than those little ads in the AJC.

He's doing a decent job with the callers. Kept decent balance, makes references to the history of the program and didn't agree with the caller that said that the stadium expansion should have NEVER happened.

Great story from Keith Brooking about O'Leary after the Falcons w/ over Minnesota last season.

sfalco,

Can you share the story with those of us who missed the show?

Thanks!

Basically, Brooking ran up to O'Leary after the overtime win at Minn last year and GOL got so pissed he walked away. KB made mention of his time at GT and that GOL took losses so hard that he might not talk to the players for a couple of days. Brooking said that by the time he got home GOL had left him a message apolgizing for the way he acted and wishing him luck in the rest of the season/playoffs.

I didn't hear the show but I did read the AJC article this morning on GT tix. Its very disappointing. I would have thought that the excitement of the finished stadium combined with the fact that our old rival Auburn would be in town would have prompted more GT fans to buy tix.

Unless GT people decide to buy extra tix and give them to other GT people, the Auburn game will be like the UGA game - too many fans for the other side.

swGaboy - did you happen to notice that season ticket sales are actually HIGHER than last year?

In fact, I believe they are on pace to get ~30,000 season tickets (per a recent article in the Macon paper) - right now we are at a pace to break the record for GT season tix.

Hard to find too much negative in that - oh yeah, the AJC does, by saying we may not sell out the new stadium, as we have the old (of course there are ~ 31% more seats to fill with the new configuration).

Of course some of these season tix sales are aided by the mini-packages, but there is nothing wrong with that (heck, I know plenty of GT fans that have purchased those tix).

Sort of hard to go from 42k to 55k overnight. The key is to increase every year - and winning the right way is the best way to do that.

I hope many Tech fans will buy extras - even more than they need - I know I bought 4 extras this year, and plan on taking neighbors/non-alumni friends, etc - so long as the cheer for the W&G!

The fact that season tix are up by 2,000 so far is encouraging. Hopefully GT season ticket holders will snap up remaining tix for the Auburn game especially.

SEC football fans that show up for road games will attempt a hostile takeover of your stadium. Ya just simply don't want to give that bunch the chance.

Back