A bad taste in my mouth from Athens

Ok, dog, you beat us. We're still going to play next year and at the start of the game it'll be 0-0. You can repeat "51-7" all you like: next year it won't mean dickie-poo.

LOL!

"three in a row!" got pretty old to us, too!

we get a year of bragging rights, at least.

did you figure out what that percentage meant?

Obviously your first visit. I am surprised that you were so naieve to bring your children. I never would. That place is hard core, and if you do not bear arms up there, do not go!

Myself, I love it, it boils the blood. GO JACKETS!

I guess I expected to get jested, I just feel like there is a line that you shouldn't cross. These particular fan crossed that line, and I just feel like it is from a lack of class. Tell your daughter that we appreciate her class.

2 Big Techsticles:

Don't give up on coming to Athens. Those of us that will always go no matter what need you there!!!

It takes a very thick skin to be a Jacket fan in Athens. In 2000, I wrote in big yellow numbers on the back windows of my car "27-15" and "3IAR" after the game, and did not remove it until the night before the Peach Bowl, when I replaced it with "LSwho?" (I still regret that---ouch). All this while I was still living in Athens. Granted, mutts were a lot more subdued in 2000 but I still caught a lot of flak and was extremely careful about where I parked.

Bottom line: don't let jackasses get the best of you. Athens has more than its fair share, but I will NEVER concede Sanford to them at any time that the boys in yaller britches are 'tween the hedges.

These are people that yell obscenities and throw things at their own team! These are people that call an individual player at his home and issue death threats cause he dropped a pass! If they eat their young, why should anyone be shocked at their behavior toward GT fans?

I guess I just expected that they would treat us like human beings. Maybe I expected to much. I guess things like that happen everywhere, but I can tell you that I have never and will never treat anyone who comes to Bobby Dodd that way. Win or lose I am a Jacket fan but when we the Jackets win we are all still humans, we are all still Americans and we should treat each other with respect. I have never posted messages on boards before and if you look at my profile you will notice that I just registered yesterday. I registered for this very purpose, to share my disgust with others.

I almost came to blows with a drunk UGA fan who
was yelling profanities at a GT girl sitting a
few rows behind me. I was sort of keeping an eye
on things with them and when he yelled "f*****g
b***h!" in her face I stepped in and had words
with him.

The really pathetic part was two other UGA fans
that stood there and watched it happen. One was
an older lady who just turned and walked away.

Let me tell you...my wife would break her foot off
in someone's a** if she witnessed that, regardless
of what color they were wearing. (She may be small
but she teaches kickboxing.
wink.gif
)

It won't keep me from going back to Athens though.

bellyseries -

I know next year is next year, but 51-7 and TIAR-B sure sounds sweet right now and will grow more beautiful as it ripens until late November of '03.

Dear Dawgbyte: Read the book of Nehiamiah (sp>)

Parapharase: "We are rebuilding a wall and don't have time to come down and deal with your rediculous crap."(book of Nehamiaha(sp>). You had better be concerned with next year....you had the "luck of the dawgs" this year, but It shall not always be so.......hide yo women and children....we are coming through....your days are numbered. Cool it, little puppy, Tech Days are Immediately Ahead.
You'll take your usual stance as a "wanna be"...no matter who is coaching you next year. But you shall end up in your usual position....U-N-D-E-R----D-A-W-G and you shall properly fill your roll.........."Roll Over Rover" your happy days are over!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jeez, Techsamillion, they won the game.

Wannabe's? I'll admit that the pups talk a lot of trash, but this year, they backed it the hell up!

And I thought "Wait 'til next year!" was their annual catchphrase.

Suck it up and take it. We lost.

UGA fans act the trashiest both on their campus and even on ours. Hands down. Dawg fans are so brazen that they will walk into a crowd of Tech fans and curse them and invite them to fight. For these UGA folks to come on this board and pretend this isn't the absolute truth is just crap. UGA doesn't know how to lose OR win. Too many sycophantic Tech fans worry about 'class' and 'civility'. Listen boys, in order to receive respect, you have to earn it. The MAJORITY, yes I said MAJORITY, of dawg fans do not merit respect. Like I've said before, idiots often join the UGA clan just because they want to 'intimidate' without impugnity. Intimidation by numbers. Such bravado. I'm glad to see the GTAA take a Arthur Blank stance lately by reserving certain lots for Tech fans. I hope we do more of this. Believe me, it works. Last year the 'who dats' came into Atlanta and ruled the Georgia Dome. This year, after Blank refused to sell them single game tickets and bought out the tailgate lots, us Falcon fans made the 'whodat' minority feel real low after we kicked their butts. Atlanta is our jungle, and hicks from Athens should be made submissive in our domain. 51-7. So Tech isn't a real rivalry. We should make it one from here on out.

You're absolutely right, Technician.

Sundays this season have been a million times more fun since we started filling our Dome with our folks.

Hope the GTAA is taking notes from Blank on how to run a franchise.

Just one question, though...

"Who dat, who dat? Who dat dare gonna beat dem Saints?"
owned.gif

laugh.gif

NO CONTEST! The Dogs BITE big time! They are curde, obnoxious, anti-social, disease prone and just plain UGly!!! I was hit in the head while in the band at their cesspool stadium and had my eye split open by a FULL FREAKIN' beer bottle...and this is sportsmanship? No, no, no! Tech may have some (a few) undesirables, but uGAG takes the prize for the sheer number of idiots and classless low-lifers! This is my point of view and will never change...and I hate Georgia!

BLEEDGOLD, sorry about your injury but..they wasted a WHOLE beer by throwing it at you? This whole thread is a dynamic example of the difference between "a Tech man and a Ga boy"!

Personally I think TR had it right when he decked the cowboy who made fun of his glasses because "he couldn't conduct himself like a gentleman in the presence of gentlemen"!

drinking.gif
drinking.gif

Originally posted by goldeagle:
BLEEDGOLD, sorry about your injury but..they wasted a WHOLE beer by throwing it at you? This whole thread is a dynamic example of the difference between "a Tech man and a Ga boy"!

Personally I think TR had it right when he decked the cowboy who made fun of his glasses because "he couldn't conduct himself like a gentleman in the presence of gentlemen"!

drinking.gif
drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL, goldeagle!!

Back