A close (albeit long) look at ACC tiebreak scenarios

While looking at this again this afternoon, our path to Charlotte can be boiled down to the following in order of preference:

1. Go Jackets!
2. Go Canes!
3. Go Hokies!

If all 3 teams win out their ACC games (except where this order of preference rules head to head), we should be playing in Charlotte on 12/1.

While looking at this again this afternoon, our path to Charlotte can be boiled down to the following in order of preference:

1. Go Jackets!
2. Go Canes!
3. Go Hokies!

If all 3 teams win out their ACC games (except where this order of preference rules head to head), we should be playing in Charlotte on 12/1.

Thank you for this. You wouldn't happen to be running for president any time soon? You've got my vote.

Thank you for this. You wouldn't happen to be running for president any time soon? You've got my vote.
No problem.

I wouldn't want the job with today's state of politics.

And we also need Duke to lose at least one game, but they play Clemson and have only about a 3% chance of winning out, so I'm chalking that part up as a given.

No problem.

I wouldn't want the job with today's state of politics.

And we also need Duke to lose at least one game, but they play Clemson and have only about a 3% chance of winning out, so I'm chalking that part up as a given.

I habitually add "F Duke" as a line item to the end of every list, so I didn't even notice it was missing.

I think it's unlikely that we would beat Clemson in the ACCCG, but we'd go without high expectations, so not much disappointment. It would be a fun trip to Charlotte and anything could happen, probably a closer game than expected like in 2014. A lot of the bowls are too far away and unappealing for me (Detroit, NY, Shreveport, El Paso). The ACCCG would be an extra game an easy drive from Atlanta and a great turnaround for a season that seemed disastrous a month ago.

1. Go Jackets!
2. Go Canes!
3. Go Hokies!

1. Yep
2. n/a
3. Nope

OK @18in32 where we at now?

So let's assume the chaos theory happens. We beat UVA and UGA, Pitt loses to Wake and Miami, what happens then?
Someone still gets killed by Clemson?

However, I do think that right now we have the best chance to beat Clemson. I really do. Seriously. Not that we would beat them, I just feel like it would be the closest game.

Beat the Hoos; then the dwags

Errything else is gravy ...

So let's assume the chaos theory happens. We beat UVA and UGA, Pitt loses to Wake and Miami, what happens then?
I think it’s still possible we can have a 3 way tie with GT Pitt and UVA, but Pitt would win because it’s beat both teams head to head

Back