a few thoughts........

refrigeratormover

Dodd-Like
I haven't posted since the Clemson game considering how disappointed I was in the effort. As I have stated I am a Chan fan but saying that I put conditions on that.

1. I will not tolerate a GT team going on the field and not putting forth the effort for 60 minutes, I can tell when they have given up or slacked off and that really pisses me off.

2. Reggie has had four games and it is time to open the offense up (my concern is the offensive line is playing so poorly I don't know if they can open it up without getting Ball hurt.

3. Time for the secondary to loosen up and stop worrying about mistakes and take some damn chances to make big plays that can turn a game around.

4. Disguise blitzing hell it's done at all levels and with success.

5. My last response is to the offensive line, I will never call individual names out but as a former lineman at Tech and also talking to friends who played the position at Tech this is an area that needs to step up and step up now. You guys have way too much talent to be knocked around like you have been. It's time to grow up and grow a set balls and play like you know how. Everyone knows you can't win if you don't have a good OL and we have the material so put your ego's aside and individual goals aside and play like you should. If the schemes don't work go to the coach and tell him, Hell we did when we played. The coaches will listen to what you have to say.

With that being said, this week is important is it a must win I don't know but to me and me only I will be very disappointed if these kids don't go all out for 60 minutes and I will have to re think my position on leadership.

I hate losing more than anyone but as I said before I will not tolerate lack of effort as it embarrasses me, GT and it should embarrass the players and coaches.

Originally posted by refrigeratormover:
I haven't posted since the Clemson game considering how disappointed I was in the effort. As I have stated I am a Chan fan but saying that I put conditions on that.

1. I will not tolerate a GT team going on the field and not putting forth the effort for 60 minutes, I can tell when they have given up or slacked off and that really pisses me off.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">John are you implying the team quit.I was there and I didn't see a team quit (discourgment as a result of youth but quit no).

Maybe this will clarify my thoughts. There are certain degrees of effort and in my honest opinion from watching certain players during that game, the effort was not 100%. I do not lay blame on all players but film does not lie and you can tell if a player is going all out on every play. Remember this is one team sport that takes all 11 guys to be on same page and same effort level to make these plays work.

Maybe this will clarify my thoughts. There are certain degrees of effort and in my honest opinion from watching certain players during that game, the effort was not 100%. I do not lay blame on all players but film does not lie and you can tell if a player is going all out on every play. Remember this is one team sport that takes all 11 guys to be on same page and same effort level to make these plays work.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I believe fatigue was the biggest problem on sat. in the latter parts of the game because we are so thin in so many places.

Originally posted by FAN OF BOBBY DODD:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by refrigeratormover:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I believe fatigue was the biggest problem on sat. in the latter parts of the game because we are so thin in so many places.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thats right FOBD, keep arguing with a former D-1 offensive lineman and NFL player... guess you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

rabmlinwise, everybody has a right to an opinion...i guess you are from north korea, or maybe your just a republican

John, your point is well taken. Now's not a good time to start making excuses. We need to turn it up a notch (or two) or start finding the folks that will.

When you get beat or beat yourself it's up to you to reverse your fortunes. The other team sure as heck ain't gonna do it.

Coach Gailey has his own style and is a little more patient than a lot of fans. I have a lot of confidence in his ability. I think what I'm seeing is "you've got to walk before you can run", teach fundamentals, first things first
but it'd be nice if somebody'd stoke the fires (get in some faces and on some butts)) a little bit. Maybe they are, I don't know.

One thing I try to teach my kids is to not make excuses but understand why an error was made and never make that mistake again, I think these problems are being worked on and yes you do have to crawl before you walk and so on. I also understand there are people on here who want results now and I hate to tell you it's not going to happen overnight. I might eat these words later but I believe we are not headed in a downward spiral either. Give Chan a chance which I believe is 3 years and evaluate then. I do want to win but I understand we are going through growing pains and it isn't going to be easy, nothing in life is. I also welcome all opinions and never get my feelings hurt because this is America and we have that right.

Big John, just hope somebody gets your #5 to the OLinemen. Sometimes it's about proving your manhood. If you quit and let yourself be pushed around you don't deserve to be in the uniform.

One thing I try to teach my kids is to not make excuses but understand why an error was made and never make that mistake again, I think these problems are being worked on and yes you do have to crawl before you walk and so on. I also understand there are people on here who want results now and I hate to tell you it's not going to happen overnight. I might eat these words later but I believe we are not headed in a downward spiral either. Give Chan a chance which I believe is 3 years and evaluate then. I do want to win but I understand we are going through growing pains and it isn't going to be easy, nothing in life is. I also welcome all opinions and never get my feelings hurt because this is America and we have that right.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree totally. I think we are all impatient but I am convienced if we give Chan a chance not just one or two years we all will be satisfied.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">John, Do you wish we had pursued a successful up and coming Offensive Coordinator such as Rob Spence of Toledo? When Buddy Geis was brought in and the duties of his and Patrick Nix's was announced I strongly believed the personnel choosen and the setup was a poor one. Which by the way begs the question of who should the offensive lineman go to if they have a problem with schemes...Run game coordinator? Pass game coordinator? Their line coach? Or the guy calling the plays and the master of these schemes....such as they are....which is Chan Gailey himself. Maybe you want to wait till the game is over tonight except unless we see several new phases of this offense beating Vanderbilt will hardly prove a thing, but a loss would be a disaster.

stateline,
I dont' have to wait for the game to be over to make a decision on the O-line. I went to the line coach and if you care to ask go ask Bill Curry. I wanted to win and that's the bottom line. Word has it the line didn't play well tonight and that is from the radio team which I didn't watch PPV. You might say we sucked from 83 to 86 but you know what, we showed up and played our ass off. I want these boys to understand that they control their actions and they have the chance to be special only if they want to. They by the way know I am behind them but am only pushing them to be the best which is something I never had or the guys I played with had!!!!!

Frig, I love your insights and immediately read your posts when I see them. It is so rare to hear it "from the horse's mouth" so to speak. Hopefully, whoever the OL coach is will get his act together, also.

stateline,
I dont' have to wait for the game to be over to make a decision on the O-line. I went to the line coach and if you care to ask go ask Bill Curry. I wanted to win and that's the bottom line. Word has it the line didn't play well tonight and that is from the radio team which I didn't watch PPV. You might say we sucked from 83 to 86 but you know what, we showed up and played our ass off. I want these boys to understand that they control their actions and they have the chance to be special only if they want to. They by the way know I am behind them but am only pushing them to be the best which is something I never had or the guys I played with had!!!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">John -

Do you think Chan would give you a forum to speak to the guys? It seems to me like they may be relying more on the fact that they're *supposed* to be good than actual performance. I think they just need a swift kick in the ass.

- PJ

PJ,
I wish Chan would give some of us a chance to speak and I think he will. Just not during the season. Great win tonight however we got it. Very proud to be a YJ.

Thanks for your coments FridgeMover. Always appreciated you for playing for Tech and representing Tech in such a great mannor that you do!

ShadyJacket - Don't bring politics on this board.

I already disagree with you on too many other issues.

If you want to go toe-to-toe on the politics forum, you e-mail me on that private thingy, and I'll give you my cell number, and you and I can really go blow for blow.

I'll let you go first. You can talk all you want. I do expect you to allow me to do the same afterward.

I find it funny that the same person that uses bad punctuation, bad grammar, and doesn't use paragraphs is the same guy that thinks "republican" is an insult.

TechFowl

Oops, I just figured it out. You are a student. I looked on your profile.

I believed all the crap I saw on Mtv when I was your age too. I thought corporations were evil and all that stuff.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Back