a few thoughts........

Originally posted by refrigeratormover:
PJ,
I wish Chan would give some of us a chance to speak and I think he will. Just not during the season. Great win tonight however we got it. Very proud to be a YJ.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">John,

Don't know if I am reading this right?

I am amazed that former Tech players are not allowed to speak to the players during the season, at least at practice, if not in the locker room.

Is this typical?

71,We are allowed to speak to the kids. What I was implying is that after the season we will be able to spend more quality time with the kids in our homes when we can bring in positions and former players and let the kids be themselves but also help them to better understand what it means to put the Tech uniform on and tell them what is expected of them in the community. There are a lot of Tech folk out there that are willing to give these young men a chance when they are through and I want to help them better understand that.Yes a lot is expected of these kids but we will help them see that it will benefit them when they get into the real world.

71,We are allowed to speak to the kids. What I was implying is that after the season we will be able to spend more quality time with the kids in our homes when we can bring in positions and former players and let the kids be themselves but also help them to better understand what it means to put the Tech uniform on and tell them what is expected of them in the community. There are a lot of Tech folk out there that are willing to give these young men a chance when they are through and I want to help them better understand that.Yes a lot is expected of these kids but we will help them see that it will benefit them when they get into the real world.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That is awesome!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks John,

This is much in the spirit of Dodd.

Yes a lot is expected of these kids but we will help them see that it will benefit them when they get into the real world.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Refrig:
Good perspective and insight. From a statistical perspective, very few college football players actually have successful professional careers. Your work to help prepare all Tech student athletes for the real world is greatly appreciated, and applauded, by this Techie. Keep up the good work and thanks for your continued commitment, effort and support of the Tech program.

Buzz Bomb

Back