A good friend of mine asked

supersenior

Jolly Good Fellow
We should expect to win the ACC about 3 times a decade
I agree with the rest of the stuff but this seems a bit aggressive. So starting from a top-down approach, with 10 wins on the line, how do you see it going down on average? Cause us getting 3 means there's only 7 left for Clemson, FSU, Miami, VT, and then the pool of 'everybody else' where bad teams can hit good variance.

Dhatura

Dodd-Like
14-0 baybee!
Hmm.
12-0 Regular season + 1-0 ACC Championship + ? 1-0 bowl game (and be left out of the playoffs!?) Get your mind rite! It's 15-0, baybee!!! Unless you think we would be shafted, as per usual. In that case ... carry on!

The Jacket

The Coat
I expect all the following every season
1) beat all the coastal teams
2) beat Clemson
3) beat UGAg.
4) beat our other OOC opponents
5) win the game played the week after the UGAg game
6) win 2 more games after that.
David Braine has entered the chat.

eg1

Dodd-Like
Expectations minus reality equals disappointment, so I try not to have expectations -- mostly just try to enjoy the ride.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
Me the following question about Georgia Tech football:

"what are your realistic expectations for Tech every year?"

I said not losing to Duke, UNC, Wake Forest, and Nc State for starters. We own them, traditionally. We should always be competitive against uga, even when we lose. We should be able to get wins out of Clemson, VT, Miami, and Virginia 50 % of the time we play them.

How do you feel about my assessment? I've only been in this world for 37 years so you vets know more history than I do about GT football. However, I think I know my own team pretty well. What say you? Did I tell him correctly or did I lead him astray? I appreciate your candor.
Sorry but check out history.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Beat ugag 50% of the time.

We have been selling our great university way too short for way too long.

Great universities do not do that.
How long do you give a coach who is not .500 against UGA?

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
>8.0 regular season wins on average, bowl every year. That accounts for the occasional clunker 6-6 year along with a 10/11 win season here and there. Sitting in Atlanta, we should be in the discussion for winning the division every single year.
Especially against the coastal.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Outside of having to play randomly good OOC teams we should be going 9-3 to 10-2. We shouldn’t lose to duke, Pitt, , UnC, VPI and most cross over opponents.