A little suggestion

Indian Buzz

Varsity Lurker
I'm a fourth year senior at Tech, and my parents are coming to their first game on Saturday. (thanks Vandy!!!!) In fact, they've never been to Tech. How should I introduce them to Georgia Tech? I'm thinking about taking them to Yellow Jacket Alley and to the March Down. Do ya'll have anyother ideas? I'm really excited that they were able to come to this one.

Only a couple of more days!!!!

By all means, SHOW UP EARLY AND TAILGATE LIKE ITS YOUR JOB!!! Wear old gold and white. Get to your seats early enough to watch the teams warm up. Talk smack to the opposing team as they warm up. Make fun of them, call them names, and talk bad about their mommas and sisters. Sing "Ramblin Wreck" and "White and Gold" EVERY TIME. Check in between plays to see what kind of crazy foolishness Buzz is up to. Drink whiskey before during and after. Make them do the "Budweiser Song" not matter how silly they think they look doing it. STAY TILL THE END!!! Sing "Ramblin Wreck" with the team after the game. Tailgate some more, at least until the traffic dies down.

Well, thats what I'll be doing anyway......

Go Jackets!
drinking.gif

Show them the swirley and tell them that a Tech grad started Dairy Queen. That'll impress them.

Actually..no. There is a funky statue by the Student Center and Ferst Theater that looks like ice cream. So it's just a joke.

Ya gotta make a trip to The V, baby!

Whattya have, whattya have?

Give me 6 dogs, and walk 'em! Give me some strings, too, and a Jumbo FO!

And tell 'em it was started by a GT dropout. It's a little known fact that before it was called The Varsity, it was called The Yellow Jacket.

Other things to do:
- make sure you are wearing gold, and have 2 extra gold t-shirts in case your parents wear navy.
- Yellow Jacket Alley is a must.
- take 'em to the top of the hill, and show them the tower.
- Is Lyman Hall still there? I always liked taking visitors there because it smelled like it had been there FOREVER. A cool smell though - musty, old textbook type smell.
- Show them your P.O. box so they know where to send extra money

drinking.gif

What time is the band Walk down.....my its been a year and I have forgotten.

Make sure they are outside the stadium when the band marches down the hill. When the band begins Up With the White and Gold as they come down the hill it is guaranteed to put chill bumps down your spine.

My goodness I thought that I was the only one who remembered that the V was called the Yellow Jacket. I first went there in the 40's

smile.gif

Definitely, march down the hill beside the Wreck and the band. Awesome... Hard not to get choked up, even for an old fart...

I don't remember the Varsity being called the Yellow Jacket, but I recall another , competing, drive-in on North Ave, west of GT, called the Yellow Jacket.

that's where the yellow jacket dog come from right?

hotdog/chilli/mustard

they sell them in douglasville

wink.gif
Stop by and introduce yourself and tap my "wreck III" for good luck; on the corner of Techwood and Bobby Dodd Way. They will see how an alumnus feels about Tech first hand!

Back