A Pleasant Experience!

Thanks for sharing. It will be great to see him on the field again (on many levels).

Did you give him a tip? Err....on second thought, don't answer that one. Wouldn't want to end up on probation.
wink.gif

Great story!

Great news, thanks for sharing. If we can get this guy back healthy that will be a huge boost to our team and to the fan's outlook upon the season. Lord, we do need some good news.

God bless Greg Gathers. Once again shows what first class young men we have at GT!

Thanks for sharing!

We met Greg at the NC State tailgate in Raleigh. Super nice guy! He came up with his family to support the team on his own.

Here is a pic:
pic0005.jpg

Excellent story. Gathers is a class act and I have
enjoyed meeting him at the past few Fan Days.

I used to bump into Alvin Jones at the grocery store
all the time. (Man is he TALL!)

Originally posted by coldbeer:
We met Greg at the NC State tailgate in Raleigh. Super nice guy! He came up with his family to support the team on his own.

Here is a pic:
pic0005.jpg
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Coldbeer...you need to make a print of that and get
it signed at Fan Day this coming season.

Greg is thinking to himself in that picture... "What in the hell am I doing here with all these drunks?!?!"

wink.gif

I wanted to convey a very pleasant experience that "just happened" last week for me. I was grocery shopping at a local supermarket. Was putting my groceries on the conveyor for check out and someone behind me in line asked for the divider.

I turned around and it was Greg Gathers! He remembered me from a previous brief meeting we had last year. He looked great!! We talked for about 15 minutes. He said he is doing very well and really appreciated the fans for their concern and support. He's in school and looking forward to coming back this season.

He said he had gotten down to 230 lbs. but was back up to 275 and more solid! I told him I was pleased that he was healthy again and glad he has the opportunity to play one more year. We walked out together and he helped me with my groceries.
He gave me a hug and I wished him well!

I was so happy to see how well he looked and happy he is! He made ME smile!

Good news on Greg. We will certainly need his leadership this year.

Crackerjacket! Love your picture! That's the smile I got from him in the grocery store. Great young person and happy he's healthy again!
smile.gif

Back