A POSITIVE punting post

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
which I stole from the Hive.

Actually - it's a punt-ER post - not a punt-ING post...

Hal Higgins Per NFC

Good for NFC for noticing. A TON of things all have to go just right for a PAT or 3 point kick either one, and Hal has done an OUTSTANDING job holding last year and this year.

He volunteered for this completely unappreciated job - that only gets noticed when you screw up - and he has done well at it.

I have been one of the guys complaining about our punting game, but Hal should be appreciated for this equally important job.

Glad to know his teammates appreciated what I should have noticed and mentioned long ago.

Originally posted by techfowl:
A TON of things all have to go just right for a PAT or 3 point kick either one, and Hal has done an OUTSTANDING job holding last year and this year.

He volunteered for this completely unappreciated job - that only gets noticed when you screw up - and he has done well at it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This year, yes. Last year, no.

I think to do "an OUTSTANDING job" holding you should absolutely never drop a clean snap. His mishandling of a snap in Clemson last year meant that we need a TD at the end of the game rather than a FG to force OT.

Who knows if it actually made a difference, but it probably impacted our offensive approach.

Of course, I don't blame him too much for not holding on to the ball. I busted my a$$ so hard up in the stands that I thought I had broken my leg. That was the rainiest football game I have ever seen.

Back