A seething hatred for Swinbey, Radakobitch and Clemson

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
CiraldoForever,

I agree with you, brother! Anytime a coach chooses to run up the score on an opponent, when the game has been clearly decided, is classless. For instance, there was one point where Clemson was up 59-7 and went for it on 4th down by passing! There isn't any good reason to do that! That is clearly a coach trying to run the score up and embarrass the opponent. Coach Sweeney should be embarrassed for his actions, but he is not. However, what goes around comes around. Clemson can rack up all the wins they want, but they will still smell! Yesterday, they became my second most despised school. The most despicable school, on the planet, thankfully got beat last night by Alabama! Roll tide!

Tech never needs to forget what happened yesterday at Bobby Dodd stadium. Sadly, our goofy head coach doesn't seem to be too bothered by it, but I am! Good sportsmanship should be shown and praised, not ignored. Anything in life you do to purposely harm or shame someone is wrong. Clemson will have to answer for the wrong they committed yesterday.

GO JACKETS!
I agree with you completely about what Clemson did yesterday. I appreciate your comments. I watched Coach Collins press conference after the game. He was asked about this. He did say he wasn't going to comment about what Clemson did. But, at the end of his answer, he did say, "You make a good point," or something like that. I'm sure he feels furious with Swinney.

Sweeney's comments about this were lame, pathetic and stupid. The old Swinney is long gone. This guy has gotten too rich, too in love with himself, etc. He swapped his humility and decency for talented players and money. It will come back and bite him soon.

Sweeney, Radkkkvich, and Clemson didn't do this to Collins. They did it to every Tech player, coach and fan. This is not about Collins.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
If we can’t stop their punter from completing passes against our ATL guys,(we still had some in) that’s not on them. That’s on us
Dabo emptied his bench. They played like it might be their only chance to ever play. Because it might be.
I’ve got no problem with their scrubs coming in and playing like it meant something to them or with Dabo coaching them that way
Emptying Clemson's bench was the right thing for Swinney to do. But, he showed his true colors when he went for it on fourth down and threw long passes. He has absolutely no class. He is a disgrace to everything Bobby Dodd stood for. He started out nice, but Swinney let his success ruin him.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
You realize Bama would have done the same thing to us yesterday? We are not good defensively. Bama came into the UGAg game averaging 51 points a game. Bama would have absolutely road graded us yesterday. While Etienne is what I consider a "good" back, and was contained much of the day, Najee Harris would have absolutely murdered us.
I hear what you think Alabama would have done. But, I saw what Clemson did yesterday. If Alabama ever treats Tech with this type of disrespect, I'll worry about that then.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
I mean we suck. Can’t really be mad at them for owning us
I'm not mad with them having a great team and beating us. I am mad with Clemson for treating Georgia Tech with a total lack of respect. This makes me as mad as the Holt-Granning incident in 1961, only madder because an Alabama player did that, but a Clemson head coach did this.

For years, Clemson played us in Atlanta every year. They paid a lot of their budget because Tech paid them to play that game. Radakobich got the break if his life from Tech. Clemson has a tremendous resentment and jealousy towards Tech, because they depended on our help for so long. You would have thought they would have gotten over it. But, obviously they didn't.

As for Swinney, he's a really good coach with absolutely no class. Just the opposite of how he started.

Last edited:

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I hear what you think Alabama would have done. But, I saw what Clemson did yesterday. If Alabama ever treats Tech with this type of disrespect, I'll worry about that then.
Chick Graning says hello. Never forget

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
Especially since it’s a team we have actually crushed prior to them winning nattys.

Clem ran up the score yesterday because style points do matter in this Covid season especially since the winner of Bama/UGA probably jumps them in the polls.
A pitiful try at making an excuse for Swinney. But they don't need style points. If they're undefeated, they're a lock for the playoffs. We beat them a lot, but we never tried to humiliate them. We always respected them and their players.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
You do remember we hung 70 on Navy one year, right? And those guys are not only on Navy’s football team, but they’re on all our team.

Dabo emptied his bench. But he let his players play to win. Do I agree with it? Not particularly. But I don’t think there was anything nefarious about it.

Our players look like they kind of gave up, too. That’s on both them and our coaches.
I know we've beaten some teams by big scores, but did we ever go for it on fourth down at midfield with a 73-7 lead? Did we? No.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
"Hey Georgia Tech, we are gonna run the ball off tackle left on this next play. I'm gonna snap the ball with 2 seconds on the clock. Have your guy stand right there and he will get a tackle" - what pussy Tech fans wanted Clemson to do.
Evidently, you never read Coach Dodd's book and don't understand the concept of sportsmanship. I feel sorry for you.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
Chick Graning says hello. Never forget
The Holt-Granning incident was about what one Alabama player did. Yesterday was about what a Clemson head coach, paid to represent Clemson University, did to The Georgia Institute of Technology. Clemson should be familiar with what Swinbey did yesterday. It's like what Woody Hayes did when he slugged that Clemson player in the Gator Bowl in the early 1970's. The difference is that Ohio State had the class to fire Hayes. Clemson has no class at all. Not any.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
There’s a way to fix this. It’s financially supporting the program and working to grow the fan base beyond Tech alums. Clemson set this in motion years ago by doing these things.
I completely agree with you. Tech fans need to rally together like America came together after Pearl Harbor. Yesterday was an attack on Georgia Tech. All of Georgia Tech. We need to come together like never before.

Dhatura

Dodd-Like
It was 52-7 at the half. They only hit 3 TDs in the second half, one of which they just had to fall into the end zone to score after a fumble. So really, they only really had two TDs. So lemme get this straight, are you crying about them not downing the ball the entire second half? Or are you just crying in general? You keep throwing out Bobby Dodd this and Bobby Dodd that, but what would he say about you crying about our inability to stop their scrubs? What would would you say about what we did at the end of the Louisville game last week when we were hauling ass to try to score again when the game was out of hand?

The basic point I am making is they pulled their guys and put in their backups and the backup's backups and we still couldn't stop them. That says more about where we are as a team than Clemson.

BranMart

Vegetables taste like sad.
öööö, lights on the score board....make 'em blink...noone to blame but Tech letting CPJ hang around too dang long. Their bench has more talent than half our ATL chart.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Yeah... I didn’t want to go here, but who on our team would start for Clemson?

Pressley Harvin, maybe. No one else. Our other best player is Gibbs, but’s he’s behind Etienne easily.

Have to keep working hard to improve the talent level. It will take multiple classes like the one we had last year. We do have some solid players, but not enough of them to fill a starting 11 much less a 2-deep or 3-deep.

IIWII

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
I’m sorry but if you’re getting booty blasted by 11 walk ons and 4th stringers maybe it’s time to take a look inward. This is such a big cry. What do you want him to do, take 3 knees and punt? The defense was mentally checked out of this game the entire 4th quarter.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I always thought I'd pull for any team against Georgia. But, I never saw Georgia treat Tech with as little respect as Clemson did yesterday.

Georgia has never treated Tech with so little respect as Clemson did. If Clemson plays Georgia, I will pull for Georgia. It will be an easy decision for me, and I hope Georgia beats them 74-7.
This is some total bullshit and you’re an idiot.

JRjr

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
It was 52-7 at the half. They only hit 3 TDs in the second half, one of which they just had to fall into the end zone to score after a fumble. So really, they only really had two TDs. So lemme get this straight, are you crying about them not downing the ball the entire second half? Or are you just crying in general? You keep throwing out Bobby Dodd this and Bobby Dodd that, but what would he say about you crying about our inability to stop their scrubs? What would would you say about what we did at the end of the Louisville game last week when we were hauling ass to try to score again when the game was out of hand?

The basic point I am making is they pulled their guys and put in their backups and the backup's backups and we still couldn't stop them. That says more about where we are as a team than Clemson.
They pulled their starters, probably because of the risk of injuries and not because they care about sportsmanship. Sweeney proved he didn't have any class or care about sportsmanship when he was up 73-7 at midfield at the end of the game and decided to go for it, call timeout, and then throw a long pass to the end zone. If he had succeeded on scoring on that play, he probably would have gone for two and then tried an onside kick. Then, people would come on here and say he just needed to practice two point conversions and onside kicks. People can make all the excuses they want to for this classless coach. What you choose to believe is your business. But, Dabo Swinney's actions yesterday show poor sportsmanship, no respect for the young men on our team, who work just as hard as his players do, and a total lack of class. If you're good with an opposing coach treating Tech like this, that's your business.

OldGold75

Damn Good Rat
Sat through all 60 mins. yesterday. would have loved to not be embarrassed by Clemson. but last I checked., it was Collins' (& Tech's) job to stop Clemson, not Swinney's.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
I’m sorry but if you’re getting booty blasted by 11 walk ons and 4th stringers maybe it’s time to take a look inward. This is such a big cry. What do you want him to do, take 3 knees and punt? The defense was mentally checked out of this game the entire 4th quarter.
Maybe it is time to look in the mirror.

But it's time for Swinney to look in his mirror, too.

There's a difference between taking three knees and punting, and going for it on 4th down at midfield, when you're leading 73-7.

Remember when Clemson beat Alabama in that national championship game. They were down on the goal line at the end of the game. Sweeney took three knees to keep from scoring.

He admires Alabama. He hates Tech. I have no use for him.