A seething hatred for Swinbey, Radakobitch and Clemson

johncu

Dodd-Like
The 4th down crap is bs
Honestly I don't remember that enough to comment. If they went for it on 4th down instead of kicking a FG, then I don't blame them. That's the right thing to do. If they went for it on 4th down in a punting situation, then yeah that is a little excessive.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
I was ok with them going for it on 4th down; but that is probably because I am still sore at Les Miles for pulling a fake punt on us in the Chicken Bowl during that beat down.

rghoae

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Without getting into specifics I would like to say it is easy to hate Rad.
Yeah, I mean, why wouldn’t we hate the guy who:
1) Got the department out of a terrible fiscal mess in the middle of a financial crisis
2) Found a way to replace the football coach with an unconventional choice who we could actually afford and gave us some of our best years since 1990
3) Found a way to get rid of Hewitt‘s everlasting co tract
4) Managed to raise money for improvements to the football, basketball and softball arenas
5) Replaced Hewitt with someone who was dirt cheap, was unlikely to succeed but gave us enough time to ride out the remainder of Hewitts contract while not damaging Georgia Tech, and had a contract that was structured to diminish in value so when we replaced him with someone good we would have money for them (it’s not Radakovitch’s fault that his successor in one of the dumbest moves decided to extend the contract, which was obviously designed to be able to fire CBG for cheap when he didn’t work out...if he did work out well then that would have been a pleasant surprise. But the whole point of CBG was he would run a clean program that wouldn’t tarnish our reputation unlike his successor).
6) Completely supported CPJ I like his successors who were unable to get support for him to the point that he complained publicly.

Also, the stuff the NCAA put us into probation for was ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with informing the coach of his football team that a player was under investigation, especially when the coach himself was not suspected of doing anything wrong.

There was a reason that Clemson, with all their IPTAY money decided to poach him and not someone else. And he is doing the same thing at Clemson that he did at Tech. Delivering success. Radakovitch may not have been the most likeable guy (well, I at least did not like him very much in the few interactions I had with him, but I was on the opposing side and he won). But he was certainly effective.

rghoae

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
It’s hilarious that we celebrate 222-0 on an annual basis and have some crying that someone ran up the score on us by having their punter throw the ball to walk ons.
I mean, some here are complaining that Clemson had their starter play 1 drive in the second half. I mean, step aside and just think about how ridiculous that is. Youd might as well be complaining that they even brought their starters with them.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
It’s hilarious that we celebrate 222-0 on an annual basis and have some crying that someone ran up the score on us by having their punter throw the ball to walk ons.
I mean, some here are complaining that Clemson had their starter play 1 drive in the second half. I mean, step aside and just think about how ridiculous that is. Youd might as well be complaining that they even brought their starters with them.
Even the 1990s Nebraska teams weren't throwing for the endzone on fourth down with two minutes left with a sixty-three point lead. If that doesn't piss you off then grow a pair.

rghoae

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Even the 1990s Nebraska teams weren't throwing for the endzone on fourth down with two minutes left with a sixty-three point lead. If that doesn't piss you off then grow a pair.
What pissed me off is punters and walk ons scoring on the team.
I mean, it doesn’t piss me off because I have accepted switching systems is a multi year process, and this year is likely a complete waste, but if there is anything that I would be annoyed about it’s that.
And no, I have absolutely no problem with a team scoring when they can, especially if they are playing with a combination of 3rd and 4th stringers.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Only because they were a run-heavy team. They weren’t taking knees either - they ran their offense and scored plenty of points in garbage time. 1995 Nebraska scored 35 points in the 2nd half en route to a 73-14 beatdown of Iowa State. They also put 77 on Arizona State, including 14 in the 4th quarter.

Of course I’m pissed about the loss. But not at Dabo, and certainly not for letting his backups actually play and have fun.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I'm not in the same place that @CiraldoForever is, but Dabo demonstrated poor character on Saturday. Going for it on 4th down multiple times when you're up by 50+ points is not "just running your offense," or "letting the kids have fun," or "its our job to stop them." It's unusual, deliberate, and provocative. It's something you do to 'rub our noses in our failure.'

When you're down a lot, good sportsmanship is keeping your foot on the pedal (even if the chances of prevailing are infinitesimal). When you're up a lot, good sportsmanship is taking your foot off the pedal. It saddens me that this is not a universal value in our society, or even in the circles I run in. Just makes life a little less pleasant.

C'est la vie!

beerbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Heisman had a reason.....Cumberland deserved it....

ClydeBrick

All Being Master of Time Space & Dimension
CSB: When I was coaching youth softball I had a game coming up where my crew was clearly going to be crushing the other team - to the point of having enough runs for the run rule to kick in (if it was the end of the 3rd) in the top of the 1st inning. It was a rec league that had bad issues with not evenly spreading talent amongst the teams in the parks that participated.

The other team's coach approached me before the game and asked me to not let up and to just play. He said that his girls were more embarrassed by previous team's obvious attempts at bad at-bats, baserunning errors and fielding errors to move the game along than they were by being blown out.

I had a discussion with my assistant coaches and the players (it was 18U) and it was the most a team I ran ever scored and the most awkward thank you I ever got from an opposing coach after the game.

The parents thought that I had lost my mind in that game as dishing out that sort of beating was not my usual MO. Well, me not arguing a foul ball call on a ground ball that hit 3rd base and skipped out to the outfield fence on my 3rd batter in the 1st inning probably got them riled up early in that game.

Definitely the weirdest game I ever coached, I can remember it like yesterday even though it was over 15 years ago.