A True Test for the Defense is Coming

What you want to do is look at OUR ability to stop the run. Which has been dismal.

yes, we held one of the best backs in college football to not beating us.

dismal?

you are a dumbass. big time dumbass

yes, we held one of the best backs in college football to not beating us.

dismal?

you are a dumbass. big time dumbass

I love these people spouting yards per play stats like they actually mean something in and of themselves.

Been debunked numerous times so far this season here, and on the scoreboard.

you might want to see a doctor about that huge stick you have up your ass. or it might be your arm.

He said it was your head.

Srsly, are you five years old? How did you resist insulting my momma? This is the football board. Can you not control yourself?

He said it was your head.

Srsly, are you five years old? How did you resist insulting my momma? This is the football board. Can you not control yourself?

can you quit posting ridiculous idiotic garbage? the two things are related. if you stop, then i will stop responding to it

There's the blatant homoeroticism that brought me to StingTalk in the first place.

can you quit posting ridiculous idiotic garbage? the two things are related. if you stop, then i will stop responding to it

You really are, by far, the dumbest person on this forum since they limited Orlando's computer time at the psych ward. I don't think you are inherently dumb, but I have clearly driven you into a blathering idiot level where your comebacks are either juvenile or as baseless as this response.

I know you cannot follow, nor care to follow any thread, and that at this point your only contributions on this forum are to follow me around with attacks or talk soccer. However, if I may, in this thread, a poster compared us to Auburn of last year. He focused on the similarities, which there are some, but ignored one pretty big difference. Our defense is nowhere near the level of Auburn's. It is not idiotic garbage to point that out.

I love these people spouting yards per play stats like they actually mean something in and of themselves.

Been debunked numerous times so far this season here, and on the scoreboard.

I liken it to those justifying the BJ Upton contract.

blah blah blah

thats not my head, its your head

you might be the first person to die of homoerotic asphyxia not from hanging yourself, but from having your head way too far up your own ass for way too long

Ok, let's rethink this.

One, Duke ran the ball 25 times against Miami. We ran the ball 65 times. The difference in yards per carry was less than 1.5 yards.

Two, Miami was selling out to stop the run against Duke. Against us, their D is a little more nuanced where it focused on stopping JT, and also tried to prevent our ABs from big gains, leaving the middle open. Even with running room Laskey still averaged only 4.6 ypc.

Three, those rushing stats you cite to include two negative "team" rushes (for -24 yards) that were the result of a fumble. If you take those away, Duke's ypc jumps a full point (109 yards on 25 carries).

Four, you are looking at the wrong thing. You are looking at Miami's ability to stop our run game versus their ability to stop duke's run game. What you want to do is look at OUR ability to stop the run. Which has been dismal. We are, by far, the worst major program in yards given up per rush play. That's why Miami's top two backs hit 116 yards on 16 carries against us. Sure, duke doesn't have Miami's firepower. But they are averaging 6.0 ypc against teams that are much better than us defensively in ypc.

You can point to strength of schedule, but it's not like ours is that great either.

We gave up 5.8 ypc to Wofford. Surely duke is better than them.

We gave up 3.8 ypc to Tulane. Surely duke is better than them.

GSU hit 7.4 ypc. They may be better rushing than duke, but it was still a dismal effort by our D.

We gave up 3.8 ypc against VT in our best rushing defensive effort of the year.

Our D needs work. Duke will give it to us, I'm sure.

OK. Let's flip-the-script.

Lets look at how Miami did vs Duke & vs GT:

Miami vs Duke:
426 Total Yards
223 Passing
203 Rushing

Miami vs GT:
352 Total Yards
245 Passing
107 Rushing

Thats looks to me like Duke's run D aint good.

And, we've road-graders upfront on the O-Line now.

Duke will not be able to stop our run game. Period.

Two good 1st half Death Marches and Duke's D will be done by halftime.

Then watch CPJ go to the air in 2nd half to run the score.

With that unprofessional presser, Cutcliffe is asking to get b*tch-slapped.

Maybe CPJ will oblige him.

Last edited:
Back