A**

Okay GT Ace, quit fooling with my head. What is this post all about?

smile.gif

I got double posted & can't delete it. Thought I'd make it so no one would even open it. It is getting more response than the excellent article on new recruiting academic requirements. This is too funny.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I know what. Here is the link to 'How will new academic guidelines affect recruiting'. LINK

GT Ace, sort of like a lineman, block well on every play except one and get a holding penalty on the one poor play. The crowd gets to note the one bad play.

laugh.gif

when you click edit the original poster has the option to delete the post

nothing to add....just wanted to bump this back up the page! LOL!!! ;-)

thanks for the link that provides more info. Clearly the SAT requirement going away will open the floodgates, however, with 25/85 rule still in place and more requirements on maintaining progress in course work in high school and college, hard to say if this makes much difference in the long run. Many will now get in and become ineligible later unless the schools cheat and make it easy for them to pass (who would do that I wonder)...

Good to see us listed as one of those with high requirements. Gotta use that approach to go after good student-athletes...

With the SAT requirements going away, then the HS athletes will have no incentive to work hard in their academics while in HS. Just graduate from HS, and they will be assured of a college degree from the big-time sports universities which will have degenerated into diploma mills for the sake of sports.

GT will have to focus on the HS recruits who are demonstrating integrity by studying hard and working on their academics. However, these same lads will be big fish in small ponds if they were to go to the diploma mill. In the world of the blind, the one-eyed is king.

Originally posted by mustard:
In the world of the blind, the one-eyed is king.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I hereby announce the winner of "Proverb of the Year."

Originally posted by yellowfalcon56:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by mustard:
In the world of the blind, the one-eyed is king.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I hereby announce the winner of "Proverb of the Year."
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Somebody wrote a short story based on that proverb-anybody remember who?- in which a one-eyed man stumbled into a country where everyone was blind from birth. Til sunset he was fine, but after that the story took a different turn.

Back