ACC FB on Sinclair RSNs will be a Mess!

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
For the next few years there remains the contract for a few ACC FB games - one game most weeks, occasionally two - which will be carried by the Fox RSNs. If you have DISH, SLING, YOUTUBETV, FUBO TV it will be a mess for the next few years and you may miss out on the games.

Link

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
So if you have YoutubeTV, DISH, SLING or fubotv and you watch Fox RSN for MLB, NBA, NHL, College Sports and live in the following areas:

Charleston, SC:
Asheville/Greenville, NC:
Des Moines and Dubuque, Iowa:
Houston and Midland, Texas:
Jacksonville, Pensacola, and Tallahassee, Fla.:
Tampa, Fla.:
Indianapolis, Ind.:
Lincoln and Omaha, Neb.:
Wichita, Kan:
Jackson and Tupelo, Miss:
Louisville, Ky.:
Columbus, Ohio:
Toledo, Ohio:
Huntington, W.Va.:

You may need to switch to a local cable provider, Direct TV or streaming options Hulu + Live TV or AT&T TV to ensure you get the coverage you had in previous years.

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Why does any of this matter for GT fans?

Last year there were 5 GT games on FOX RSN (with this year looking like no fans in stadiums folks might want to ensure they can watch GT Football)

The Citadel at Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech at Duke
Pitt at Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech at Virginia
Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech

Reactions: odw

odw

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for the update man. I'm currently evaluating my TV options with GTFB/CFB & NFL in mind.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
Why does any of this matter for GT fans?

Last year there were 5 GT games on FOX RSN (with this year looking like no fans in stadiums folks might want to ensure they can watch GT Football)

The Citadel at Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech at Duke
Pitt at Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech at Virginia
Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech
Maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad thing to miss those 5 losses

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad thing to miss those 5 losses
I actually re-watched the UVA/GT game last weekend. It was one of the few games that it looked like we had a coaching staff on both offense and defense despite the loss; so it wasn't as awful to watch as a GT as those other 4.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
I actually re-watched the UVA/GT game last weekend. It was one of the few games that it looked like we had a coaching staff on both offense and defense despite the loss; so it wasn't as awful to watch as a GT as those other 4.
I re-watched Va Tech at Ga Tech last week. I have issues, I'm aware of this.
What I saw - aside from the result - just made my blood boil. Specifically, at the 11:56 mark of the fourth, after Yates was initially ruled short of the first down on a fourth down.
Thankfully - or then again, maybe not - I have DirecTV, so I didn't miss out last year.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
So if you have YoutubeTV, DISH, SLING or fubotv and you watch Fox RSN for MLB, NBA, NHL, College Sports and live in the following areas:

Charleston, SC:
Asheville/Greenville, NC:
Des Moines and Dubuque, Iowa:
Houston and Midland, Texas:
Jacksonville, Pensacola, and Tallahassee, Fla.:
Tampa, Fla.:
Indianapolis, Ind.:
Lincoln and Omaha, Neb.:
Wichita, Kan:
Jackson and Tupelo, Miss:
Louisville, Ky.:
Columbus, Ohio:
Toledo, Ohio:
Huntington, W.Va.:

You may need to switch to a local cable provider, Direct TV or streaming options Hulu + Live TV or AT&T TV to ensure you get the coverage you had in previous years.
Asheville/Greenville NC? Do you mean S.C.? Asheville to Greenville NC is basically the whole state.

AugustaJacket

Helluva Engineer
Was not sure where to post this, but looks like Hulu dropping Sinclair Broadcast channels (FSN, etc.) this week...

taxjacket

Varsity Lurker
Was not sure where to post this, but looks like Hulu dropping Sinclair Broadcast channels (FSN, etc.) this week...

So basically if I want to watch the Braves I have to keep Comcast (contract is almost up so I was thinking about switching) or buy a separate MLB package. Great.....

IM79

Flats Noob
For the next few years there remains the contract for a few ACC FB games - one game most weeks, occasionally two - which will be carried by the Fox RSNs. If you have DISH, SLING, YOUTUBETV, FUBO TV it will be a mess for the next few years and you may miss out on the games.

Link
When does this contract expire?

IM79

Flats Noob
The email I got says tomorrow.
Sorry, I meant to say: when do the ACC games drop off the RSNs and move back to ACCN or ABC/ESPN? I heard the Braves are stuck on the RSN till 2027, just wondering about the ACC.

gpburdell

Jolly Good Fellow
Thankfully - or then again, maybe not - I have DirecTV, so I didn't miss out last year.
I've stayed with DirecTV for now as well. If you watch alot of sports it's a no brainer imo if you 80k. Also it's nice that they are now offering alot more 4K sporting events compared to previous years.

CoachTech

Flats Noob

Link
HULU live just sent a email saying they are also dropping Fox Sports Networks.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
I’m gonna cancel Hulu it appears. They keep dropping the programming I actually watch with no relief on my bill. F them. Also Braves season is over....so I don’t need it.