ACC Football Champ. Game ?

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
When and if the ACC gets a championship game, where should it be played? There are no domed stadiums in the Carolinas. The Ga. Dome already has the SEC game. I hope we pick a sunny Florida stadium. Either the Citrus Bowl, Gator Bowl, or Orange Bowl. The tradition associated with the latter would create a good athmosphere.
Any guesses?
BOO

The Georgia Dome is the most central. The ACC plays on Thursday Night and the SEC plays on Saturday.

The next year, it is rotated. The SEC on Thursday and the ACC on Saturday.

drinking.gif

that's a pretty silly idea ahso. LOL
not too big on the dome especially it's surface.
i'd like the game to be in jax.

Yes, I know, it is not the best answer, but we really need to have it closer to most of the schools. After all, we want the playoff system to make more money, so we have to think of the fans.

GT, FSU, and Miami are only a handful of the fans. We need to accomodate all of them.

If we don't have it here, North Carolina and Duke will get their State to build one up there.

grin.gif

bdg, has it about right. If you are concerned about it being closer to the fans ahso, might as well play it where the teams that will constantly play in it are located
frown.gif
THWG

The GD dome is more or less a neutral site for the SEC game even though the home state to the dawgs. How about a neutral site for the ACC game?
The Nashville Coliseum. It's a good football stadium, built for football for the Tn Titans, natural turf, good atmosphere, interesting locale, centrally located within conference boundaries and totally neutral.

Take the tour -

-first linky dinky-

-second linky dinky-

I went to the SEC Championship game a few years back when it was AU & UT. Good thing the game was in the GA Dome. There's no way I'd sit out in weather like we had that day.

Another reason for the SEC game here is that all but 2 of the SEC schools have their second largest alumni clubs here. The exceptions being the leghumpers and Arkansas.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The new surface at Georgia Dome? What's wrong with it?

I think it would rotate around the following:

GA Dome
Orlando Citrus Bowl
Jacksonville Alltel Stadium
Carolina Panthers Stadium

How about BDS@HGF! Would 55K be enough seats? We could position next to the SEC game and ruin their business! Always thinking!

Best I can tell no ACC team has an artificial turf stadium. I would think that would be a priority in selecting a site for the championship game. So I'd prefer one of the FL sites or the Panthers stadium in Charlotte. FL wins for me since the weather in Charlotte is so unpredictable in early Dec.

Originally posted by JJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ylojk8:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The new surface at Georgia Dome? What's wrong with it?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">oh yeah, forgot that they were installing some sort of artificial grass. anything is better than turf.

My daughter's soccer team has played on FieldTurf. It feels pretty much like natural turf for the most part..you can wear regular cleats and the footing is just fine. It does drain much better so you never really have to worry about a wet field. Of course, these are 100 lb girls who don't hit the ground too often, but we had less bumps and bruises than normal. Don't know how 300 pounders would fare but the comments I've heard are pretty positive. It's a definite upgrade from the old astro turf type field.

Back