ACC going to 12 teams (Miami AD makes presentation to board)

IMHO the way the BCS is setup, it will cuase programs to leave weaker conferences, resulting in six or so large conferences, to award the major bowl games to the champions of the respective conference. Kind of a down sizing by addition.In affect creating a play off format for the MNC.
drinking.gif

Maybe a answer to the
bsmeter.gif
Polls as we know it. Just a thought.
drinking.gif

Originally posted by jacketguy:
I hope the expansion happens... the competition will be good for us and maybe it will force some other needed changes at Tech... although we havent beaten FSU since they joined the league, I feel that our program has been elevated because we play them every year... I hope this happens !
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">JGuy: You hit the nail on the head when you say OTHER CHANGES as well ... like elevating caliber of personnel in the AA and so forth. Good point!

I've been talking with Commissioner Swofford so we can get this deal done. John and I have decided to split it up geographically, with the exception of keeping the NC schools together. Here's what the new conference alignment will look like:

ACC North: Cuse, Maryland, NCSU, UNC, Duke, Wake
ACC South: Miami, VT, UVA, Clem, FSU, and GT.

We've already spoken with the GWCC, and they've decided to drop the SEC championship game in order pick up the more promising ACC championship game.

Obviously the ACC, especially the Southern division, will now boast the strongest NCAA football programs in the nation.

Back