ACC vs BC, UM & SU since 1992

Ramblin Buzz

Varsity Lurker
Just thought this would be interesting reading. No great info here. But here are the records of Boston College, Miami and Syracuse vs the ACC since the last expansion (1992-current).

Boston College is 2-1 vs ACC (1-1 vs GT & 1-0 vs UVa)

Miami is 8-6 vs ACC (5-6 vs FSU, 1-0 vs GT, 1-0 vs NCSU & 1-0 vs UVa)

Syracuse is 3-5 vs ACC (1-0 vs CU, 0-1 vs GT, 1-0 vs UM, 1-2 vs UNC & 0-2 vs NCSU)

FWIW, Virginia Tech is 11-7-1 vs ACC (3-0 vs CU, 0-2 vs FSU, 1-0 vs UM, 0-1 vs UNC, 0-0-1 vs NCSU & 7-4 vs UVa)

BC, UM & SU are 13-12 vs the ACC 1992-2002. Taking FSU out of the mix, they are 8-6.

Appears to be pretty competitive to me.

smile.gif

Those stats mean nothing to me. Go find some head-to-head womens volleyball records and then we'll talk.
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Well, after much research, BC, UM & SU have a winning record in women's volleyball vs the ACC. Here is the breakdown...........

No! Just kidding.
tongue.gif

However, I do think the records in head-to-head match-ups do show that these schools will make for a very competitive conference in football (and most likely all sports).

I'll be glad when this is all official and we can welcome these guys in to the conference. I also have to admit that through this process (via newspaper articles and message boards) I had under-estimated the Tobacco Road schools and their love affair with small time football and love fest with the ACC Tournament. I think they would choose to "shrink" the ACC to just the 4 North Carolina schools if they could. It has been very disappointing and proves this has to happen now, or it'll never happen and we'll never get away from the strangle-hold Tobacco Road has on the rest of the conference.

Back