ACCN dropping Packer and Durham

This
Well its the conference more of its fans take a dump on, that's for sure.
is the biggest difference between SEC and ACC. The SEC schools caught on real early that they could hate each other but they had to always prop up the conference. They told the lie long enough that it came true.

is the biggest difference between SEC and ACC. The SEC schools caught on real early that they could hate each other but they had to always prop up the conference. They told the lie long enough that it came true.
I also thought the Set for the show was a bit bush league - Mark Packer's basement. It looked small and cramped - sort of like one of those independent TV channels in the 1980s that was set up inside some guy's house. Didn't seem they really put any resources into a nice venue for the show. And lately, it seemed Packer was being a bit of a jerk to Wes which really turned me off. I actually stopped watching after that. It was an episode last week. Wes dealt with it like a professional but Packer was being a dick.

I also thought the Set for the show was a bit bush league - Mark Packer's basement. It looked small and cramped - sort of like one of those independent TV channels in the 1980s that was set up inside some guy's house. Didn't seem they really put any resources into a nice venue for the show. And lately, it seemed Packer was being a bit of a jerk to Wes which really turned me off. I actually stopped watching after that. It was an episode last week. Wes dealt with it like a professional but Packer was being a dick.
The set was part of their Schtick. Being in Packer’s basement with the dogs laying around was kind of funny. As far as Packer being a bit of jerk to Wes lately, I don’t know maybe it has something to do with Packer losing weight and he said he quit drinking. That can bring out an irritable side to anyone.

Wes Durham is a treasure, I've loved everything he's done in his football related career. Obviously his work as our radio man, but also his work with Tony Barnhart and more recently with Packer. He knows football, knows school cultures, has a tremendous amount of respect for the game and those in it- which might be the ratings downside of their show. So many ESPN shows are guys being hyper-critical, yelling at each other, etc... Which Wes is not going to do. The man has class. He isn't going to rip on a program or a call for a coach to be fired on air, even if justified. Unfortunately, whether in sports or politics, it seems anger and yelling and name calling is what brings in the ratings.

The set was part of their Schtick. Being in Packer’s basement with the dogs laying around was kind of funny. As far as Packer being a bit of jerk to Wes lately, I don’t know maybe it has something to do with Packer losing weight and he said he quit drinking. That can bring out an irritable side to anyone.

You can't go on a diet and quit drinking at the same time!

ACCN is probably looking for more SEC coverage. That’s where the money is.

Maybe the whole ACCN is going out of business. I never watched it except to see our games. It must not mean much to ESPN anymore. I wonder how much money it's making.

Sorry. Thought the show sucked.
There is not a single show on ESPN that I would rather watch over Packer and Durham. Like MatatoGT pointed out, no yelling, no screaming, no one telling anyone else they are an idiot - I get so tired of the hyper critical bobbleheads on ESPN - Packer and Durham were a breath of fresh air.

To each his own but that is the only sports talk show I can watch and now they are killing it off.

I will miss P&D. My guess is they are just worn out. I love Wes as an announcer but he couldn’t keep up with Packerfor the most part.

I will miss P&D. My guess is they are just worn out. I love Wes as an announcer but he couldn’t keep up with Packerfor the most part.
I guess now that ACCN has dropped Packer and Durham, its time for me to drop ACCN. I'll just have to find a way to survive without Women's Lacrosse reruns but I'm sure I'll manage somehow.

noticed that too, thought there was something amiss tween the two

There is not a single show on ESPN that I would rather watch over Packer and Durham. Like MatatoGT pointed out, no yelling, no screaming, no one telling anyone else they are an idiot - I get so tired of the hyper critical bobbleheads on ESPN - Packer and Durham were a breath of fresh air.

To each his own but that is the only sports talk show I can watch and now they are killing it off.

Gotcha. Yeah it sucked just as every espn talking show sucks. Hence why its gone. And it sucked as bad as the others. One is a butt kisser. The other sucks. Iiwii

mike and mike was the last tolerable espn talking show

Whoa! I just checked out ACCN during when Packer and Durham used to be on to see what's on now - Women's Tennis!! And guess what's up next? Women's Soccer - then LaCrosse.

I can see those ratings skyrocketing already.

Back