Addition through other team's subtraction

Now that the coaching carousel is spinning up ... is there anybody you'd like to see GT pick up who gets flung off?

Personally... I'd hope SOME PLACE could be found on the staff for Mike London as a recruiter. If he could direct even a slice of the Tidewater and DC's elite talent to GT it would be huge -- and to the detriment of UVA, VT, UNC, and NCST.

Well. I can't really think of anyone on the staff whom I would like to see let go . . . so, I don't know how we would have room to pick up London. I guess maybe if somebody leaves for a higher (position to coord). But since we're talking about it I'd really like for Johnson to be a bit less about whatever is the absolute best for his staff and more about retaining folks so we can build some momentum. I think Roof is here to stay but it'd be nice to hang on to Pelton and the other assistants instead of helping them get HC jobs or whatever. And I say we pay the new offensive coach whatever it takes to stay - our pass pro has been lightyears better.

Not sure how many of those tidewater kids would have the grades to get into GT anyway. Biggest place we need to shore up recruiting is the kids who end up going to Vandy or Stanford.

But since we're talking about it I'd really like for Johnson to be a bit less about whatever is the absolute best for his staff and more about retaining folks so we can build some momentum.

This. Start with Rychleski; he has done a hell of a job this year supporting Sewak.

Back